Penguin on Vertigo?

Oct 23, 2011
I think penguin is helping t11 sell their products ?? . By the way , the thread title should be vertigo on penguin , right ? haha

Last edited by a moderator:

Lyle Borders

Elite Member
Aug 5, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.theory11.com
Hey guys,

In addition to producing tricks, theory11 also wholesales our products to select other magic retailers. Of course, Penguin Magic is not the only other magic company that sells theory11 products: there are hundreds of stores that sell theory11 tricks and playing cards. We work very hard to support those brick and mortar stores that established the foundation that we all stand on.

We may have not been thrilled with the release of the Penguin Partner Program from Penguin Magic due to its similarities to The Wire and its timing, which is an entirely different subject not to be discussed here. Nevertheless, Penguin Magic is a legitimate theory11 retailer. The product they sell is real, and they have our permission and our support in selling that merchandise.

I hope that clears things up for you.

Keep it real.

L

Jun 1, 2009
Exactly, I've seen T11 products on many websites, like MagicGeek and other small off brand magic websites.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
You're posting this like this has never happened before. Penguin Magic has SEVERAL theory11 items.

He might just be late on that news.
as stated before T11 wholesales its product. there is even an option on the site that if you own a magic supply store you can get stuff shipped to you as well to sell at your store

Aug 1, 2009
I am well aware that they sell wholesale. I was just saying that it is a pet peeve of mine when a company gives away its products to other companies to sell. In my mind if company makes a product and wants there customers to be treated a certain way than why sell their product to other companies that won't treat their customers the same way? Hopefully that makes sense but maybe that's just me being idealistic. (Probably is).

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
I am well aware that they sell wholesale. I was just saying that it is a pet peeve of mine when a company gives away its products to other companies to sell. In my mind if company makes a product and wants there customers to be treated a certain way than why sell their product to other companies that won't treat their customers the same way? Hopefully that makes sense but maybe that's just me being idealistic. (Probably is).

If a company doesn't expand its product to a wider audience,it will eventually go down. And penguin has never "treated" me badly. not much any company can do to me except send me what i order anyway.
You think every item in target is exclusively sold in target?
Does abercrombie and fitch sell in just one mall?
This isn't a scene or underground indie music thats too cool to expand. This is a business.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 1, 2009
I know all of that. Like I said I just wish they wouldn't give away their products to other companies to sell. Like I said I know everyone does this (except few companies) but I idealistically wish that this was not the case. Just my thoughts and feelings.

Aug 6, 2008
This might help why Theroy 11 does this: For example take Apple

Apple is a great company, and they have some really nice products. Apple has there own store, which you probably know and have been there or at at least seen one. Anyways, to buy an apple product you don't always go to the Apple store, their products like ipods are sold in many other place such as Walmart, best buy, etc..

The point is to appeal to people that you wouldn't be able to if you sold your product just in one place. Some people might not know about theory 11 , but might know penguin , and either way the product is still sold. I sort of get your point though.. I'd prefer to buy a mac at an apple store instead of lets say Walmart. Idk, sort of makes the purchase more legitimate?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results