Performance @ The Shout House

Ladies and Gents,

I just uploaded an album to my Theory11 user profile of a recent (casual) performance at The Shout House in San Diego. I thought people here would really enjoy some of the pictures we managed to capture that night.

The evening started out as a simple date with my wife. For those who haven't been to The Shout House, it's one of the most fun places you can visit in San Diego. A lot of the patrons are very friendly, social, and animated people so everyone gets along with everyone. Well, my wife and I sat down next to a group of Marines and their girlfriends, and they were especially loud and flamboyant throughout the festivities of the night. My wife and I thought it would be fun to hang out with them to see what they were celebrating.

Well, one of the Marines-- Dan-- just finished a tour to Afghanistan and he had a few friends come out to celebrate with him. I bought him a drink for serving, and he asked us to sit with him, being an Iraqi War veteran, myself. My wife and I integrated with the group, singing and dancing and screaming at the top of our lungs. After about an hour, I decided it would be fun to perform some close-up magic for everyone.

You'll see the pictures-- the group absolutely loved what I had to share. You'll find faces of laughter, astonishment, and complete bewilderment. The group had such a good time, in fact-- they offered my wife and me free drinks for the rest of the evening! Obviously, I really enjoyed myself...

That aside, I'm quite interested in hearing similar stories of people going out to perform and making some awesome friends in the process. Magic's an awesome ice-breaker and allows people's imagination and true colors to thrive and shine through. I feel really fortunate to have this group bond so nicely together with my wife and me. We actually exchanged information, and we're looking to BBQ later this week. I'm sure it'll be a great time.

RS.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results