Performing for terrorists and hooligans...

Well, not really, but it's similar.

I will start working at this coffee place (hopefully), and it is a really nice, luxury, fancy coffee place. The people that goes there are really wealthy and generally older people (30+). But, they are all in some kind of underground business. Mafia, criminal, cigarettes, alcohol, etc. They are all former criminals or football hooligans. So yeah, we are not talking about one or two hecklers per night, we are talking about 90% of them being hecklers or not interested in magic at all.

How would you approach this situation, these kind of people, what kind of effects to perform, etc...?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanx
all u need is patter that goes well with what they do or something that interest....

Jan 10, 2008
Just be yourself Toby and regardless of their profession or ethnicity or whatever, don't treat them any differently than any other spectator that you usually perform for. You can't always judge a book by it's cover, ya know?

Sincerely,
David

Dec 16, 2008
I don't know where you live but I know couple of people doing black market here. They LIKE magic :) and aren't heckler at all! People want to be entertained imo. Just don't jump in middle of their conversations with a deck right on their face.
I think you should that place a try and see what happen.
Cheers!

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Just be yourself Toby and regardless of their profession or ethnicity or whatever, don't treat them any differently than any other spectator that you usually perform for. You can't always judge a book by it's cover, ya know?

Sincerely,
David
Thanx for the advice. And it is not me who is judging them, I think it will be other way around.
I don't know where you live but I know couple of people doing black market here. They LIKE magic :) and aren't heckler at all! People want to be entertained imo. Just don't jump in middle of their conversations with a deck right on their face.
I think you should that place a try and see what happen.
Cheers!
I imagine that it will go like this. They will enter the place and sit down, bartender will ask them for their order, and while they are waiting for their drinks, I will do some magic. So it will all happen before they start any conversation.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results