Picking up girls with magic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 27, 2010
Okay guys....

I have been searching up this topic online for a while. I have been getting many mixed answers. I heard that preforming magic shows confidence and girls love confidence ,but then I heard that many girls think magic is lame based on past experiences. Then I heard that girls love the talent that magic displays ,then I heard that magic gets old and it can actually drive girls away from you.

What do you guys think? Has anybody here used magic to pick up girls? To all the people who are married was your first encounter a performance?? I am eager to hear your thoughts...........

CAndrew

Elite Member
Jan 12, 2011
Okay guys....

I have been searching up this topic online for a while. I have been getting many mixed answers. I heard that preforming magic shows confidence and girls love confidence ,but then I heard that many girls think magic is lame based on past experiences. Then I heard that girls love the talent that magic displays ,then I heard that magic gets old and it can actually drive girls away from you.

What do you guys think? Has anybody here used magic to pick up girls? To all the people who are married was your first encounter a performance?? I am eager to hear your thoughts...........

I'm too hopeless to ever get a girl so I dont bother trying. Seriously.

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
Just be a normal person. Don't be "that annoying guy who attacks everyone with magic". Magic does help, especially when you do more intimate tricks like French Kiss but to them, magic is pretty much another talent. You'll have pretty much the same luck as singers, actors, dancers, etc. Most girls just pretty much like talented people.

Remember, magic is only lame if you're a lame performer.

Luis Vega

Elite Member
Mar 19, 2008
Leon, Guanajuato Mexico
luisvega.com.mx
Just be a normal person. Don't be "that annoying guy who attacks everyone with magic". Magic does help, especially when you do more intimate tricks like French Kiss but to them, magic is pretty much another talent. You'll have pretty much the same luck as singers, actors, dancers, etc. Most girls just pretty much like talented people.

Good answer...

If you use magic to enhance your personality...then it´s a great tool...also..dress nice, smell good, being confident, and a little cocky and funny...

Oct 17, 2010
Athens, Greece

I couldn't agree more. Generally try not to be the guy who asks his friends to do them some magic, but to be the guy who gets asked to do magic. Like perform a very strong and playful effect like the French Kiss Aaron mentioned and then relax, if they ask for another (which i guarantee that they'll do) tell them you'll do one later so they keep asking you etc.
So in response to your question yes, i have picked up girls using magic (without that being my reason for performing, it just happened) they usually love it and my only advice is go out and find for yourself; i'm waiting for the results.
Just one thing: don't get caught up in performing for girls only, guys are spectators too.

-J

JohnShack

Elite Member
Feb 3, 2011
Oklahoma City, OK
Do magic for people surrounding the girl you're interested in first and if she likes you she will approach you to see some magic and the door is open. I'm typically not the first to approach a girl and this approach has served me well, since I don't have to initiate the interaction.

May 19, 2010
My girlfriend didn't actually know I did magic until we were dating for about a month. I wanted her to really like me for who I was and not just like my magic. I wouldn't use magic as a crutch. Be yourself, and as everyone else has stated, smell nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
magic is a great ice breaker. However, depending on your character it can compromise the magic performance. If you do mentalism and the girl actually buys into you being able to read minds there can be all sorts of problems. If you tell her you really can't she might be let down about it.

Magic itself isn't the greatest way to pick up girls, but the skills associated with it is. You need to be able to speak to large groups and dominate a conversation, you need to have solid confidence in yourself to even perform for groups of people. You need to be able to entertain a group of people with nothing but words between effects and create rapport very quickly.

Magic itself won't get you girls, nor will it change who you are. Nobody is going to date your ambitious card. Use it as an ice breaker and put the props down. Your goal is to be "This really cool guy I met, oh! AND he does magic too!". You've gone too far if it turns into, "This crazy magician guy, you have to see him!" You've become an entertainment monkey. Magic will get you the opportunity to talk to girls who otherwise wouldn't have been able to pick you out of the crowd, but once you've got the attention, stop doing magic.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
Confidence is key. Do not attack the girl with your magic. As it was mentioned...if you want noticed, perform magic for people around the girl you are possibly interested in and then stop after a few hard hitting effects hit and people enjoyed the performance. Then sit back, order your drink and see how it plays out. If she comes over to engage in conversation great but do not make it all about you. Show interest in her and ask her questions about herself. Make her feel good about herself and don't blab about how many gigs you get and how much money you make at them. They really could care less.

Also as mentioned. Dress sharp, dress shoes, nice jeans, dress shirt and smell good. Women love guys who smell good as well but there is a fine line between enough cologne and smelling like you took a bath in it.

Humor is a bonus and girls like to laugh.

Alright..enough advice from a married guy...ha ha.

Sep 27, 2007
Cenozoic, Oligocene
Confidence is key. Do not attack the girl with your magic. As it was mentioned...if you want noticed, perform magic for people around the girl you are possibly interested in and then stop after a few hard hitting effects hit and people enjoyed the performance. Then sit back, order your drink and see how it plays out. If she comes over to engage in conversation great but do not make it all about you. Show interest in her and ask her questions about herself. Make her feel good about herself and don't blab about how many gigs you get and how much money you make at them. They really could care less.

Also as mentioned. Dress sharp, dress shoes, nice jeans, dress shirt and smell good. Women love guys who smell good as well but there is a fine line between enough cologne and smelling like you took a bath in it.

Humor is a bonus and girls like to laugh.

Alright..enough advice from a married guy...ha ha.

Indeed.

Please put some effort in the way you dress.
By that I don't mean you have to dress to the latest fashion, but put some effort in it.
Wear things that will complement your body. For example, if you're tall and skinny, try skinny jeans. More wider, than perhaps try straight jeans.
This is my personal advice for general things. I feel like after watching a lot of youtube magic videos, I see a lot of kids with over-sized sweaters and baggy jeans. I just makes me cringe...

Where do I put magic?
It's an ice breaker honestly.
I haven't actually used magic to meet girls, quite frankly I'm in university, so having a common thing to talk about isn't that hard, such as "Hey, that midterm was toughhhhh." Lol.

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
Not that I'd Play the Devil's Advocate, BUT. . .

How would you GUYS feel if someone used Magic to Pick YOU up and get YOU into their bed. . . I mean, another male magician picking you, another male magician, up for "tricks" & "Treats"???

Firstly, I know it happens. . . magic is an equal opportunity means of seduction. But more to the point, I wonder just how many of you with the moaning whores ever stop long enough to put the proverbial shoe on your own feet for a minute when you start fantasizing about using magic as a tool of conquest? I can't help but wonder how it makes you feel, knowing that you too are prey; a piece of meat that some other deviant may attempt to take advantage of by way of physical and psychological manipulation that stems from what we learn in this craft???

Let me give you another morality challenge. . . is it right to employ cold reading methods; to present yourself as something you aren't but manipulating someone's beliefs, pumping up their ego, just so you can get them into the sack?

Did you know that a couple of the better known Skeptic's out there are guilty of doing this, even though it is seen as one of the worse things any Reader can do within the psychic world. . . funny, those evil psychic's seem to have higher morals than their detractors when it comes to sex and exploitation. . . hmmm.

I've seen few "healthy" and "long term" relationships unfold when magic starts as the prime elixir; the one that is hit-on by the mage is typically bored of it fast and becomes annoyed by it even faster. . . especially when YOU, the excited magic buff, blows $300.00 on a new book on card tricks but your forget about taking your partner out for a nice dinner & a show such as they'd been dropping hints on for weeks. . . don't laugh, it happens and it's been the end of many a marriage, let alone courtships.

Just think about it and try using the head on your shoulders instead of the little one that gets you into trouble.

Sep 1, 2007
Personally, I'm against it. It's just lame to resort to magic to pick up girls, stick to chocolates & flowers there are better uses for your skills than the dating scene.

I agree with Will here. Using magic as an "ice breaker" is fine with me, but as I was re-reading the initial post, the term "picking up girls" starts to get on my nerves.

Craig is a tad emotional, but the point is solid - I don't see girls as a piece of meat, nor do I think "magic" in any way/shape/form can psychologically manipulate somebody into going home with you. There needs to be some follow through on the part of the person doing the magic to get to that point.

Girls who are easy to "pick up" aren't girls I would want to be with in the first place. I'm an extremely competitive person, I want to be the best at anything and everything I do. The girls I go after are the girls who have a solid GPA, a solid major/life plan, they normally don't drink (I'm 19) or smoke, they stay fit and have to constantly intelligently debate me on subjects.

It's tough criteria, sure. However, I'm not one to cop out and take the easy road, and that's what I think "picking up girls" is. It's just too easy. I want those girls that guys who try to "pick up girls" couldn't get with a thousand magic tricks.

One last tip, remember guys, the pick up line that works EVERY TIME

"Hey, does this smell like chloroform to you?"

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
Personally, I'm against it. It's just lame to resort to magic to pick up girls
Neil Strauss says in his hugely successful book "The Game" (a book that teachers you how to be a pick up artist) that every man should know at least one simple magic trick.

Sep 10, 2008
QLD, AUS
Strauss uses magic as a DHV, a Demonstration of Higher Value. He's uses it as a method to create a higher impression of himself in people's minds.

That, along with a whole heap of other things; he doesn't soley use magic.

Dec 7, 2008
UK, Birmingham
i would like to say, i had friend who did what you are talking about. it never worked for them. not really. if a girl is going to like you then they will. using magic will work just as good as just asking for their number. in both it is the way you do it. girls are not stupid. the problem i found with street magic is that the girls think im going to ask them out at any moment. they didn't relax. when they did the performance was much better.

i once performed for a girl in the street and she liked me. not because of the magic because of me. i saw her again at a party. once got a girls number from performing at a open mic. she choose to come up stage because she already liked me. the point is if a girl likes u then she does. magic will not help. magic can scare them off though but you could doing anything else.

and the reason why you get mixed answers is because girls are not robots but people. some like magic, some dont. some dont like people trying to pick them up with magic so will find it cute etc. it is a good ice breaker but i would say to start off a conversation first before any cards come out. then ask if they would like to see magic and then talk some more. talk about magic etc.

Sep 1, 2007
Cornwall
Anybody who claims magic should never be used to pickup girls obviously have no clue how a womans mind works.

At the same time, you need to already have the required confidence, and skills to picking up women, only then magic can be a real benefit.

Sep 1, 2007
Anybody who claims magic should never be used to pickup girls obviously have no clue how a womans mind works.

At the same time, you need to already have the required confidence, and skills to picking up women, only then magic can be a real benefit.

Have you any idea how the HUMAN mind works?

Magic can be substituted, like ThreatreHead said earlier, it's just a display of a skill. I wouldn't go so far as to call it a higher value, but it's a skill.

By the way, just because someone has a book out, doesn't make them an authority on a subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results