Portal Re-filmed

Portal Re-filmed

hey guys... i re-filmed portal with the regular double lift... the performance isn't as good but it will have to do. tell me what you think.nevermind.... forget the trick. just go on with your lives... i'll stop posting S*** as praetoritevong says.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
I said this in the original post but i feel it needs repeating:

SEPARATE YOUR HANDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In all the performances of Portal so far, the two hands are like 1 inch away from each other! Separate them!!!!!!!! Here's why:

When the spectator sees the spread, the left hand packet, and the out jogged card so close together, they see it as ONE IMAGE. And since all the cards are face down, this makes it super confusing and therefore a lot less impressive. But if you were to separate the hands, the spectator will see TWO IMAGES, one of the spread and one of the left hand packet. That way, its much more easy to follow and will seem much more impressive. So when you're about to do the vanish, give a good 2 or 3 feet distance from your left hand to your right hand.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
What's up with "the performance isn't as good"?

Dude, learn from your mistakes.

You know it's not as good. So why are you posting it? Are you satisfied with having average magic? Are you satisfied with your moves only being 50%? What is up with that? I don't understand... Why would you even post something if it's not 100%? Stop filming ****, and start practicing.

Nov 26, 2008
Are you satisfied with having average magic?

Why would you post average? Would you want to go watch a guy that has a sign out front saying : "Come inside to see 'average magic' " ? No you wouldn't, well at least I wouldn't.

Granted the laymen may not catch your tricks, but if they see the smallest mess up they are no longer amazed. Remember they want to see magic not a gook with a deck of cards. They see something that may explain the trick, it doesn't even have to be right, and they attribute the entire trick to that. So accuracy is crucial. So, when someone here says "It needs practice" or "it wasn't perfect" they mean it under the best intentions.

Sep 26, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Honestly, Prae has it exactly right.

If you had posted this video on vimeo.com and password protected it, only letting people hoping to give some constructive feedback watch it, than there would be absolutely ZERO problem. But, no, you put it on a completely public site... You even said so yourself, "bla bla bla not so good, but bla bla bla whatever..." All you are doing is screaming, "I don't want to be good and I am too lazy to re-film until I get it right."

Stop being lazy please.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results