Powdering

Sep 1, 2007
because if you do it to brand new cards, the finish is very smooth (non porous) so the fanning pow doesn't have as stickey of a surface to adhere to.

so, what ends up happening when you powder new cards is you get a weird feeling deck for a short while, then all the powder just wears off on your hands and you basically have to re-apply after you break in the deck anyways.

oh yeah that's why to break in a deck i recommend hella pharoah weaves and waterfall bridges because it will wear the finish off very evenly across all the cards. I don't recommend lepauls and springs although a lot of people do. the reason is you really only get a certain number of those out of a deck before the stock is basically all ****** up. conversely, with pharoah weaves and one-handed shuffles, the MORE you do them, the better the deck feels!

Last edited by a moderator:
Doesn't really make too much of a difference. I powder brand new decks anyway. The brand new decks doesn't exactly operate like a finally tuned deck that's been properly worked, but their better than the slick brand new deck with extra risk if your doing armspreads or other risky moves. Either way you choose, you're going to have to break that deck in. One reason you might not want to powder right away a brand new deck is to save powder, but believe me, get a bottle and it'll last you at least 2 years, so why not use it on a brand new deck.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results