presenting the floating table

Dec 18, 2007
Northampton, MA - USA
What is the feeling or vibe that you're going for in your presentation? Most people I see do the floating table are really doing a table-shaped zombie ball.

Hence the loss of wonder when it comes to the traditional idea of the floating table. . . a seance/spiritualist effect. I'm not taking away from what Losander created in that it's a technical marvel, I just hate the routine due to personal bias and how said effect works best. . . and it's not for 10 year olds!

If I were you I'd simply bring in my own table and not worry about it. I'd also, given the kind of audience you say you'll have, just do it the traditional way OR BETTER YET. . . just do a Zombie or Astro Ball routine, which won't only come off far more as "enchanting" you can do more with them.

Jan 11, 2013
Dubai
So in other words you don't want me using someone else's ideas, because they would not be tailored to my show style.

Exactly. On wider scale though this is how you should think about all your magic. Don't just do what others are doing that will make you never stand out in a crowd. This is why I believe learning from books beats learning from DVD's. Having the chance to be creative in anything magic or not should always be embraced, unfortunately in day to day life the opportunities to do so aren't always there, but with magic it gives you every chance to be so, so make the most of it. And at the end of the day it will only benefit you as a magician.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results