Problems with "under pressure"

Sep 1, 2007
I am having some real problems with this one.

I can almost see it start to work then it just doesn't.
Any tips hints or tricks would be great & appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
Venezuela
I had this problem too, try with a brand new deck, I know like maybe you dont want because its new but try it, follow DnD advices, an you'll be doing it in no time.. hope this helps.

aris

Sep 1, 2007
NJ, USA
saadmalik.com
Keep practicing, it's a knack.
I couldn't do it at all when I first started practicing. But I practiced daily and I was able to do it in a week.

Keep in mind, your grip should be identical to when you're doing a pressure fan. Works for me.

-Saad

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
I just got under pressure right today after about 2 days of just trying to get it. I can't do a pressure fan well yet but I can sure do "Under pressure" now pretty darn well.

Thing I messed up with under pressure is that I went straight for the "spring", you have to go for the half pressure fan before you bend it forward more to spring it back.

Last edited by a moderator:
I learned the move quite quickly and this was the main factor that made it work:

1) Don't be afraid to bend the deck, you'll need to bend them for them to glide back, and it will hurt your hands after practicing for a while because it does take some hand strength....

2) A new deck does work well as others have mentioned.

3) When you release, just do it gradually and when you get to a low number of cards, bring your hands back to smoothen out the motion.

4) The main thing is practice, I just learned how vital it is, personally, I got the move in a few days just because I sat down for about thirty minutes and did it...

Those are my few pointers, they worked for me, but no matter how many tips and tricks you get, until you sit and practice it, you won't get anywhere, I learned this the hard way ;)

Sep 1, 2007
Calgary
i like to hold the deck in a bidle type grip with a spring kind of strength. It took me 2 days to learn is so its a fairly easy flourish that looks amazing. So its definetly worth some practice. After you get it once though you've got it forever. Good luck

Sep 4, 2007
Antioch,CA
You grip the deck with your thumb on the bottom of the deck and index and middle on the top right corner of the deck. Now with your left hand You alighn? the deck with your pinky line and with your index, middle, and thumb bend the deck. Now move your right hand to the right about half way of a regular fan and bend the deck just a little bit more (your index and thumb are kinda curved and the cards should spring off. I hope this helps IN ANY WAYYYYYY.

Sep 1, 2007
Amsterdam
Cards getting bend is also one of my problems, but someone said that eventually u get to the point where u barely need to bend any cards to make them spring. so i guess it is not.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results