Prove to me that you are a performer.

Nov 10, 2007
I want you to prove to me that you are a performer by answering these questions.

Which venues do you perform in?

What are the demographics of the audience you tend to perform for?

What makes you different to every other performer?

Why should people book you for a show?

How often do you practice your show?

I perfom in venues such as malls, school, restaurants and streets.
I try to perform kids more in the range of 14 years and up.
I am a different performer because I do not like patter and such I give the spectator what they want which is a strong visual effect that hits hard.
People should book me for a show because I am not a magician that learns a trick in a week and then posts a video of it up. I usually try to wait at least a month before even thinking about performing it.
I do not have a set show yet. I usually like to take different routines I have put together so I have a different show every show I book.

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
school, home, other people's houses, parks, wherever
from about 16 to...80ish
not much if i really think about it. there are many better, there are many worse...
i will entertain and mystify...for a small fee
every day, practice is as fun as performance

- Lounges, Theaters, Restaurants...Currently produce and perform in my own weekly show... http://www.ModernMagicNyc.wordpress.com/

- 14 to about late 50s are best

- I have a good show?

Ive proven time after time my shows will amaze and entertain them. Plus if the Mayor of nyc trusted me... why shouldnt they

Run through it daily because i have different versions i do for different gigs.

Am i a performer? ,lol

D

Deleted member 2755

Hey guys. Just deleted some posts in this thread. Let's try to stay on topic. Thanks.

-Doug

Mainly at school, or on the street when I'm bored
Usually people my age, but I have been known to perform for adults quite often.
I'm a magician, other performers might do music, or dancing. :p
They shouldn't. I'm simply not good enough yet.
I'm gonna take show as routine... which is basically whenever I'm bored.. so... 24/7

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Parties, small theatre/cabaret venues, casually at friends' places are the main ones.

Mostly teenages up to about late 20s depending on venue.

Technical theatrical knowledge, and I question the way in which we perceive life and the world through my (professional) routines.

Uhh... I guess the above really.

Depends when and where I perform. For a professional gig, a lot more than say, an upcoming party. Been pretty busy recently though, haven't really been able to practice.

First off I think I should point out that I shouldn't have to prove anything. With that being said, I'll play along.

I perform in clubs, theaters, resteraunts, Theme Parks, some TV and Movie work, and largely private parties.

Usually, my audiences are young adults. The 20 to 40's crowed. My audiences do tend to range though as young as mid teens and as old as mid 60's when I work a venue like a Theme Park. I would not classify myself as a childs entertainer.

What makes you diffrent to every other performer?
My current working act is a unique blend of Side show/ Freak Show, traditional slight of hand and a small taste of mentalism. I perfor a lot of effects that are dangerous if not out right stupid. Most of my harder hitting effects aren't illusions. I tend to stay to the goth side of the fence and avoid tuxedo's and tails if at all possible. Lastly, I don't re-assure my audiences that what they see is just an illusion. I let them draw their own conclusions.

You should book me because a lot of the inspiration for my act comes from a dying art form: The Carnival Side Shows and Freak Shows. The acts you will see me perform are dangerous, deadly, and awe inspiring! Not many performers risk their own health or safety to perform the kinds of acts you will see in my performance. I provide thrills, chills, and if something doesn't go right blood spills! I promise you that in my show you won't see the same boring re-done card tricks that you'll see in every other act. I'm also available for childrens birthday parties...

Daily. My neighbors used to joke with me about being psychotic to do the kinds of things that I do. They stopped coming by after I started to work on my strait jacket & chain escape in the front lawn.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results