PUSH (Coin to Ear)

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Sorry, I just don't find this particularly impressive. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's because you seem to be fumbling for quite a while, maybe it's because we can't see quite what you're doing, I dunno:rolleyes: I'm not saying I know how you did it or anything, I'm just not so sure about the wow factor of this particular vanish...

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
The way you had your hand by your ear for quite a long time and you were doing something but we couldn't see what. Just seemed a little...suspicious.

Sep 7, 2007
The way you had your hand by your ear for quite a long time and you were doing something but we couldn't see what. Just seemed a little...suspicious.

lol...placing it in my ear?

An ear canal is a pretty awkward place for a coin.

As an artist...I wanted to do something different.

My grandfather always blew me away when he would appear coins from my ear.

I always thought he was some kinda wizard.

I wanted to top it.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
lol...placing it in my ear?

An ear canal is a pretty awkward place for a coin.

As an artist...I wanted to do something different.

My grandfather always blew me away when he would appear coins from my ear.

I always thought he was some kinda wizard.

I wanted to top it.

No, you put it in your ear and showed us that, then you reached back up and fumbled around a bit more.
Anyway I'm not here to argue, I was just trying to give some constructive criticism. Take it or leave it.

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Ha. That was great.

I see what Wrath is saying about lingering around your ear a bit to long
but over I thought it was a refreshing version. Nice work.

Sep 7, 2007
Thank you for your insight Flyspazz.

We as magicians and creators tend to forget the way laymen think.

I spend a couple seconds fiddling with my ear because I am shoving a coin in my ear and want to give the perception of moving a coin further and further down my ear canal.

The fiddling I'm doing with my ear is also acting. By the time my hand touches my ear. the coins already gone! I do an acting job to build up the suspense and give them a second to think.

What the hell is going to happen?

That's the beauty of creating magic. You get to express yourself as as an artist to the fullest.

We're all starving artists in this community looking for our opportunity to show our art in a beautiful way.

Performing original magic is a great way to express yourself.

I see my repertoire like a Rock band. Its great to do cover songs here and there, but the best way to get your name out there in the community and have your music heard is to have your own original songs.

When and if you do perform other artists creations perform it in your own style. You never wanna be an exact copy of someone else.

Its great to have paintings around your house of other artists work, but when you have your own artwork posted up. People appreciate the art more.

When you perform out there, and you perform someone elses work. It's always great to let your spectators know who the illusion is credited to. they will respect you more as a artist and appreciate your art and how much work you put into it and others as well.

Robert Ybarra

Sep 3, 2007
It would have been better with patter, rather than you just doing the effect. Patter makes an effect more than the trick.

Sep 7, 2007
I had oral surgery so I couldn't even open my mouth!

Patter isn't everything...Take David Blaine for example...Lemme show you one of his favorite lines from his most popular patter.

"Watch" -DB

I've performed magic for deaf people, and people with a different language.

Patter meant nothing.

I recorded this video right after I had my wisdom teeth removed. My ear canals were pounding.

Wait till you see it live...and its reactions.

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Ben_Ionesco

I dont know whether to be impressed or grossed out but that was cool man lol

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
Watch the Quarter Vanish Inside my ear Canal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThEhk7jaK08

I had uploaded another version where I made the coin travel from ear to ear.

I wanted to upload this version which is simple and direct.

Robert Ybarra
Robert,

You seem to post this one a lot, so I went ahead and merged your previous threads regarding this effect together.

Hope this helps.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results