Rants and Reviews

Sep 1, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
I went to Copperfields show this past year. Absolutely astonishing. I also attended Sankeys lecture as well. Very funny and verry informative. Jay is a really great guy... and funny as hell.

Sep 2, 2007
Penn & Teller is of one the best shows I’ve ever seen. I've seen Criss Angel perform, and his magic is unfathomable, simply stunning. But, aside from the magic, there's nothing, no life, no entertainment. On the other hand, Penn & Teller's show is enthralling throughout, not just the magic tricks, but also everything else in between. If one wants to see a omnipotent magic show, Criss Angel is for them; but, if one wants to see a omnipotent magic show, and wants entertainment to be omnipresent, then Penn & Teller is for them.

Cheers,
JTM

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I'm assuming this was a spongeball routine, but when I was a kid, a magician placed what I'm assuming was a SB in my right hand, and did the magic mumbo jumbo, and then had me opened my right hand, and the ball was gone from my right hand, and she had me open my left and it was there, when it wasn't a minute before.
This is a SB routine, right?

Sean.Cinco

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Orlando, FL
www.seancinco.com
So far, the magicians I've seen and/or met are:

David Copperfield
Justin Kredible
Penn and Teller
Jeff McBride
Allen Okawa
Curtis Kam
Kainoa Harbottle
Garrett Thomas
Simon Lovell

I think that's it...I've met them all except for Copperfield. Some magicians friends and I had dinner with Justin after his show. He's a really cool and funny guy to hang out with. I met Penn and Teller after their show. Teller is a really nice guy to talk to...as funny as taht sounds. Penn seemed like he was just rushing through the meet and greet after the show, but then again he does do all the talking. It's funny how they have a role reversal after the show. I met Jeff when he performed here in Orlando at last year's Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios. Again, nice guy and he actually took the time to have a conversation after his show. I met Curtis and Kainoa at Aaron's Atop the Ala Moana, which is a bar on top of the Ala Moana Hotel in Hawaii, but I think I've talked about them enough already lol. Allen Okawa is a bit of a recluse now in the magic world, but he studied under Dai Vernon. I met him at the PRISM (Pacific Rim Inner Secret Magic) meeting in Hawaii. Even though he isn't as active as he once was at his prime, he still does lectures for all the locals there. I met Garrett at his lecture here in Orlando and he was kind enough to help me one on one with Ring Thing after the lecture. As for Simon...what a character. That's all I ahve to say lol.

As for the shows, my favorites have to be Penn and Teller's show and Simon Lovell's show. I liked P&T's show because it wasn't your ordinary magic show. It was kind of like a live version of their show Bullsh-t. Simon's show was really interesting...and vulgar. But he is an amazing storyteller during his show, which was what really won me over to say that his was one of my favorites so far.

Sep 1, 2007
Florida.
Favorite Performer: Robert Moreland or Larry Jennings or Michael Vincent.

Who I'd Like to meet: Robert Moreland, Larry Jennings (deceased), Michael Vincent, Tyler Wilson, Bebel, Dan and Dave Buck, Lee Asher and Lennart Green.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm assuming this was a spongeball routine, but when I was a kid, a magician placed what I'm assuming was a SB in my right hand, and did the magic mumbo jumbo, and then had me opened my right hand, and the ball was gone from my right hand, and she had me open my left and it was there, when it wasn't a minute before.
This is a SB routine, right?

it could be part of a sponge ball routine...theres lots you can do with them

Sep 8, 2007
Adelaide, Australia
At the last convention here is Australia, ASM 100th Birthday Convention, we had an amazing line up. Lennart Green, Shoot Ogawa, Jeff McBride, Eugene Burger, Gaetan Bloom, Shawn Farquhar, Dean Atkinson, Raymond Crowe and in the show there were more local magicians also.

The convention was a huge success, and everyone that attended had a great time.
I'd never heard of Gaetan before the convention material went out, but I tell you, I wish that I had. He's a genius. He has some amazing routines and is a fantastic performer to watch.
His bags didn't show up for 2 days so in the show he had to make up more or less impromptu props for a routine that in the end went down really well.

Shawn Farquhar was great also, along with Lennart Green in the show.
Lennart is a really really funny man and played up with his two assistants really well.

My favourite of the whole line up tho was Raymond Crowe! Yes, a local Adelaide magician with some really really amazing stuff.
His dancing jacket routine, which he worked with Tommy Wonder on, was so life like that you really thought that the jacket was dancing with him, not only that, leading him through the dance. And to close the show, his world reknown shadow puppets! Not a dry eye in the house and received the only standing ovation of the evening.
And here I am lucky enough to live just 5 mins from him.
I heard that Chris and Katie had the pleasure of seeing his show and meeting him recently when he was performing in Vegas.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results