Redline + Others Without Cards?

ok so ive been amazing people for a week with this piece of genius
but i cant really use cards at school so thats about the only trick i can do with out getting in trouble and they want to see it like 40 times
so my question is what is a good way to go into a trick or what is a trick i can distract them with so they wont want to see it again right then and there

Hey man! Many schools are very touchy about playing cards. They just don't understand that we aren't using them for gambling!

Well, if you know any coin tricks, (especially vanishes) then you will be good to go. It's fast, simple, and astonishing.

Hope I helped!

;D

James Wise Magic

Elite Member
Dec 28, 2007
There are many things you can do.
My school was, at first, really stricked about me having cards, they thought I was using it for gambling, but once word started streading around the school that I was doing magic, they let me off the hook.

But really you can do a lot. I mean, you shouldn't limit yourself to JUST card magic. Learn Control from Wayne Houchin, or even Thread by Wayne Houchin. Learn some rubber band magic, coins, money. It's all good! :)

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Alright
dont limit yourself to cards.
And dont limit yourself to T11.
Coin magic isnt only Flicker. There are so much more. Go search it up and buy a book or something.
There are also plenty others of Close Up Magic tricks which dont use cards either. Learn some sleeving, some mentalism, some close up, what ever. A school practically has everything you need to perform.
If you do want to stick to cards, then make everyone including the teachers know that you are a magician. If a teacher comes and says "Hey! no cards allowed" do a kickass flourish and show him a trick. If that doesnt work... then too bad... haha. I tried something similiar before. A teacher tried to confiscate my deck and I did a deck vanish by Derren Brown, called um... something... Something's Rose i think... not sure. Anyways, after the deck vanished, the teacher laughed and walked off.

Alright
dont limit yourself to cards.
And dont limit yourself to T11.
Coin magic isnt only Flicker. There are so much more. Go search it up and buy a book or something.
There are also plenty others of Close Up Magic tricks which dont use cards either. Learn some sleeving, some mentalism, some close up, what ever. A school practically has everything you need to perform.
If you do want to stick to cards, then make everyone including the teachers know that you are a magician. If a teacher comes and says "Hey! no cards allowed" do a kickass flourish and show him a trick. If that doesnt work... then too bad... haha. I tried something similiar before. A teacher tried to confiscate my deck and I did a deck vanish by Derren Brown, called um... something... Something's Rose i think... not sure. Anyways, after the deck vanished, the teacher laughed and walked off.

Sorry for the double post, but I have a feeling praetoritevong's gonna come knocking on your door :D

Oh and... 700 posts. Woohoo

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
5 and 1 transpo.

Trust me, this one KILLS in my school. Its my number one effect to do when i'm asked to do a trick, i just pull the gimmicks out and start. Get this, you won't regret it.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Even though I dont like him,jay sankeys magic with ordinary objects is great.
And flicker is just wonderful.
I performed it for a group of people(3) and right at the production there was like no reaction.
I thought crap they saw it beforehand or maybe not impressive.but after 3 seconds(i counted) they just go "What the Fu%# man." and start laughing and talking about how impossible it was to pull that quarter out of nowhere.Buy it.

Jan 18, 2009
5 and 1 Transpo, and 2 Dollar window from Penguinmagic are two of the best tricks I have performed. People love it, make sure you have some audience management skills for 5 and 1 Transpo. It does not take a good deal of skill but sometimes the spectator can ruin it if you don't give precise instructions.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
ok so ive been amazing people for a week with this piece of genius
but i cant really use cards at school so thats about the only trick i can do with out getting in trouble and they want to see it like 40 times
so my question is what is a good way to go into a trick or what is a trick i can distract them with so they wont want to see it again right then and there

I think the problem is with how and when you perform magic. If you perform magic like a trained monkey, and make it trivial, it's natural for people to want to see it again. The problem isn't with the trick, it's you, the performer. It sounds like you need to make redline mean something, without just turning it into a visual gag or a puzzle - which is why people want to see magic again.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
what you need is the whole on the spot, ordinary objects, street magic kinda thing.
pick up a few flexible gimmicks which work with everything and youre off.
learn sleeving, get a raven or reel or wtvr, get some ordinary object looking gimmicks, and there we go.
hey look a coin and a sharpie. OMG whered the sharpie go? WHERED THE COIN GO? HERES THE SHARPIE! HERES THE COIN! OMGGGGGG. lets take away the coin. watch the sharpie as i bend it... tadaaa.....here check it. Now OMG IT TURNED INTO A BOTTLE OF WATER. Lets take the coin again. and BAM its inside the bottle. Watch the bottle. HOLY CRAP WHERED IT GO??? now go check in your locker later.
u get the idea.
haha

Feb 15, 2008
COINS!!!! Shame, man, shame if you don't do coins. SO versatile, especially when it's cold like now you get to sleeve!

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
do handful of yogurt through table. but seriously learn coin magic and practice sleeving. you make so many similar tricks without repeating by adding your own twists. pick up something like a raven gimmick also. but coin magic = supreme awesomeness.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results