Roadrunner Cull

Nov 18, 2008
CA
I've been thinking of purchasing this for some time. It looks fantastic. However I'm still on the fence whether to shell out $45 for it.

I have practiced culling single cards but never was comfortable to use it in performance. I am definetly a novice when it comes to culling but am willing to tackle any sleight even if it is extremely difficult. For those who own it can you give me a little more info about it before I make the investment? Will this also help improve my single card cull? I would really like to use this in my card magic.

Any help is appreciated.

_CC

Sep 1, 2007
Leicester, UK
www.youtube.com
I also have a question regarding this...

For those of you who know Larry Jennings' Wedge Cull technique as well as the Roadrunner Cull, what are the pro's and con's over the Wedge cull? :)

Thanks,
- Sean

Sep 22, 2007
In my opinion road runner cull destroys ALL CULLS the teaching on kostya dvd is phenomenal and its underpriced.

Sep 20, 2008
what the hell is the difference? a cull is a cull.

Hell i dont know jack ****. its like me saying a palm is a palm- so what's the difference? without exposure. if possible.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
What would you like to know about the Roadrunner DVD? The teaching is very good. It teaches single as well as multiple card culling, and gives you a variety of contexts in which you can use the cull - culligula being a standout.

Nov 18, 2008
CA
What would you like to know about the Roadrunner DVD? The teaching is very good. It teaches single as well as multiple card culling, and gives you a variety of contexts in which you can use the cull - culligula being a standout.

I'm pretty interested in culling just single cards convincingly and culling a four of a kind. I know the more advanced applications will take a long while to perfect. But are the more basic culls easier to pick up? I really want to start using this stuff because I think it will open a lot of windows. Everything of course takes practice, I'm just wondering if the RR falls into the category of sleights that require years of tweaking and practice (i.e DPS).
Also is deck condition a big issue?

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
The roadrunner cull is the best damn cull ever. You can cull half the deck with this baby. The dvd is absolutely wonderful. He teaches you the basics, advanced applications, and routine. My favorite is the Cullingula Triumph, my favorite triumph ever.

Jan 1, 2009
Back in Time
It's a pretty fast cull and for the price it's pretty damn cheap. Tho it's not something you are going to learn in a month or so. It's going to take awhile to get it to a good standard of usage.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I'm pretty interested in culling just single cards convincingly and culling a four of a kind. I know the more advanced applications will take a long while to perfect. But are the more basic culls easier to pick up? I really want to start using this stuff because I think it will open a lot of windows. Everything of course takes practice, I'm just wondering if the RR falls into the category of sleights that require years of tweaking and practice (i.e DPS).
Also is deck condition a big issue?

They're not too hard to pick up, but it will take a fair bit of practice to get the culls looking smooth and normal - it has a lot to do with rhythm, as Kostya explains very well. It sounds like you'll benefit from it. It won't take you years, but definitely some decent practice to get it as smooth and fast.

And magicshadow - the roadrunner cull is not the name of a cull. Just thought I'd point that out - it's just the DVD name, which teaches the Hofzinser Spread Cull

Nov 18, 2008
CA
They're not too hard to pick up, but it will take a fair bit of practice to get the culls looking smooth and normal - it has a lot to do with rhythm, as Kostya explains very well. It sounds like you'll benefit from it. It won't take you years, but definitely some decent practice to get it as smooth and fast.

And magicshadow - the roadrunner cull is not the name of a cull. Just thought I'd point that out - it's just the DVD name, which teaches the Hofzinser Spread Cull

Thanks so much for your help man. I'll be picking this up in the near future.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results