Saturday Night Contest - 30 Seconds of Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2011
Here is mine....about 100 color changes in roughly 29 seconds. I say about a hundred because 1) the second deck is not a complete deck and 2) I messed up a little bit on a few of the changes and the method is visible. I'm hoping/praying that this doesn't invalide my entire entry, but only those few changes, which takes the number down a little.

On a second note, while this is a serious entry in the aspect that it'd be cool to win, I know what I'm performing here isn't really a color change but more of a move with a specific camera angle...well, it's sort of just a ridiculous idea, but I had fun with it, and I laugh when I see the video. Again, if my entry is invalidated, well, c'est la vie, but ya never know ;)

Third note: changes occur from 0:19 until 0:48.

Fourth (final, haha): sorry for the size of the video. I don't actually have a video camera other than my mom's iPad, which does shoot video, but sometimes the video size gets awkward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KaDfa7_h1w&feature=plcp

Thanks for reading and good luck to all!

You sir get an high five from me for sheer genius I laughed out loud when I saw that! Great!

Sep 3, 2011
Middle of nowhere NY
You sir get an high five from me for sheer genius I laughed out loud when I saw that! Great!

Haha, thanks man! I don't take credit, obviously; this is an old "prank" (for lack of a better word) that's been around for a long time. It sure was fun anyways :) Thanks for being positive about it too! Haters be hating, but y'know, haters gonna hate.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Alright guys, time for the moment of truth!

Thank you to everyone who entered tonight! It was awesome seeing all of guys go at it, and was fun to watch!

The winners video fits all the criteria we were looking for. The technique had to be passable, as in there wasn't borderline exposure in the whole video. We picked this video because it showcased multiple color changes, that were performed very fast, and they were ALL different.

Each change was executed very well. So with that said, give it up for BRoop13! Please submit a ticket to www.theory11.com/support with your information and we will get your prize out to you ASAP!

We hope everyone had fun with this one tonight. See you guys next week for another awesome contest, and another chance to win!

:)

Oct 20, 2011
Alright guys, time for the moment of truth!

Thank you to everyone who entered tonight! It was awesome seeing all of guys go at it, and was fun to watch!

The winners video fits all the criteria we were looking for. The technique had to be passable, as in there wasn't borderline exposure in the whole video. We picked this video because it showcased multiple color changes, that were performed very fast, and they were ALL different. Each change was executed very well. So with that said, give it up for BRoop13! Please send an email to support@theory11.com with your information and we will get your prize out to you ASAP!

We hope everyone had fun with this one tonight. See you guys next week for another awesome contest, and another chance to win!

:)

The challenge is to see who can perform the most color changes in 30 seconds. It can be your choice - one specific color change over and over in 30 seconds, or multiple color changes - whatever you'd like (Revolver, Classic Color Change, then Gorilla, etc) in 30 seconds. The choice is yours!

Looks like he won because he showcased many different color changes. It was a great video but you guys (T11) should be more clear on what the criteria is going to be.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Looks like he won because he showcased many different color changes. It was a great video but you guys (T11) should be more clear on what the criteria is going to be.

Clean execution was in the contest rules so accordingly, we took that into account and believed the winning video in the end deserved the win. Nevertheless, amazing work and thank you to everyone who participated tonight!

Apr 2, 2011
I agree In one of the comments they clearly states that the winner would be mostly based in the number not the style... I think they made us believe that the contest was going to be judged based on the amount of change, and these changes had to be "good" or "passable" change. I am not a sore loser, however I do believe that next time rules should be CLEAR...

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
I agree In one of the comments they clearly states that the winner would be mostly based in the number not the style... I think they made us believe that the contest was going to be judged based on the amount of change, and these changes had to be "good" or "passable" change. I am not a sore loser, however I do believe that next time rules should be CLEAR...

The rules were very clear. The post stated "Technique must be passable in order to prevent exposure of the moves within your video. So don't rush too much!". A lot of the videos had a lot of color changes in 30 seconds but they either flashed/accidentally exposed the moves. The winner's video didn't do any of that and it was multiple types of color changes. To do a routine like that in 30 seconds is definitely deserving of the prize.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results