Saturday Night Contest - APOLLO ROBBINS : Roundtable

Jun 15, 2008
USA
1. What would you say is the first step to learning pick pocketing?

2. What is the most important thing to keep in mind when attempting to pick pocket someone?

3. Have you ever tried switching two spectators cell phones through pick pocketing (or any other object)? Just thought that would be interesting.

Thank you.

when doing a watch steal. i know you look out for certian watches. And i know most people who teach watch stealing say to stay away from rolex style watches.
Question is>
have you ever stollen a rolex style or any sort of band like that?
if you do. how would you go about doing that?
thanks!

Nov 28, 2007
D.C. Area
What was your most memorable/most scariest performance? Like did someone get so anger because you pick-pocketed them?

What's the number one advice you would give to magicians/pick-pockets to be as nonchalant as you are?

Have you ever not played the nonchalant type and did something totally different like pick-pocketing while complete furious?

Anthony Nguyen

Jul 20, 2008
Dallas
How do you feel about teaching pickpocketing? Meaning, on a site like Theory11 where there ARE teenagers that may or my not something like this for personal gain, and not entertainment value, what would be your ethical/moral stance on instructing people to perform it?

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
when doing a watch steal. i know you look out for certian watches. And i know most people who teach watch stealing say to stay away from rolex style watches.
Question is>
have you ever stollen a rolex style or any sort of band like that?
if you do. how would you go about doing that?
thanks!

hey chris, what do you mean rolex style? the one's i have found to avoid are the ones that have a solid band that slips over the hand and the ones with the alligator clips. rolex, or at least traditional ones have the leather straps with the single prong and holes, and those are ideal for watch steals.

Sep 1, 2007
Ontario, Canada
1) Do you do any finger exercises before performing. Do you find them useful for pickpicketing? (getting in and out of pockets )

2) what are some good learning resources to learn the art of pickpocketing?

Oct 22, 2008
Since the time where you've first started performing pickpocketing till now, has anyone ever pickpocket you??

I am actually very curious for the answer

-Jake

Question

1. How do you introduce yourself as a pickpocket?

If I just said to a random person in New York "Hi, I'm a pickpocket!" I'd probably get shot...

2. How do you structure and make your routines?

If I try to do any improvisation then I will probably mess up.

3. How do you feel about pickpockets who steal for personal gain?

"Hehehehehehe. Hello Mr. Wallet... Oh crap, the cops are onto me!

Sincerely,
TheCardMagician :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2007
Europe
the worst thing that has happened to you after pickpocketing somebody? Any fights or anything crazy like that?

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
ven the oppurtinity, would you risk pickpocketing a prominent or important figure in our society... one with heavy security? Somebody like the Pope orthe President?

Jul 25, 2009
ven the oppurtinity, would you risk pickpocketing a prominent or important figure in our society... one with heavy security? Somebody like the Pope orthe President?

yeah he pickpoketed a secret sevice agent when Jimmy Cater was in office (yeah i know someone already said this :rolleyes: )

Dec 16, 2008
Austin, TX
1) where would you tell an aspiring pickpocket to start? any books or anything that would really help someone get into pickpocketing?
2) What is your fondest memory of pickpocketing? Anything special happen that really stayed with you?
3) how do you achieve your awesomeness? XD

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Do you have a spouse? If not... want one? ;). Just kidding... but if you do have a wife, any kids/future pickpockets?

Dec 18, 2008
Chicago, IL
Knowledge?

What knowledge from your experience can you give us that would improve our misdirection? Such as using arched hand movements rather than straight lines (from your Magic of Consciousness Symposium lecture).

Thanks,

Kirby

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Is the art of pickpocketing still able to move forward or are the techniques that have been developed as far as you can go?

Where are you progressing towards or where would you like to be in the 10 years?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results