Saturday Night Contest - Coming Soon : An Image Competition

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
As I'm sure you're all aware, it's Saturday and, as such, we're back with another edition of our weekly Saturday Night Contest. This week, we released a series of images from the set of GENESIS - Andrei Jikh's highly anticipated and long awaited DVD anthology on cardistry. Tonight's event was inspired by a post made in that thread.

Tonight, your goal is to create a promotional poster in the same format as motion picture studios, using the images posted in the GENESIS thread as the focal point. You can use one, some, or all of the images - and you may use whatever means available to you (Photoshop, Picnik, SplashUp, etc.) to make it look as bad ass, creative, and professional as possible. We're looking for the entries that stand out the most - though it can be funny or serious. The choice is yours.

The winner tonight will receive our latest release from the mind of Chris Kenner - the Rising Card app - now available in the iTunes App Store. If you don't happen to own an iPhone or an iPod Touch (or, likewise, already own the app) you can substitute the prize for a 1-on-1 training video of your choosing.

Note that there is a limit of two entries per participant - and all submissions must be posted in this thread by 11:00pm EST tonight for judging. We're looking forward to seeing your concepts and ideas. Good luck guys!

Jan 13, 2008
Ohh, this sounds fun! Sadly, I'm heading out to the movies with my girlfriend tonight (actually that's far from a sad event, heh). Either way, good luck to those who enter! :)

May 3, 2008
Here's my submission. Hope you like it and tell me what you think.

Thanks,
Charlie

Attachments

• Genesis.jpg
    Genesis.jpg
    139.7 KB · Views: 129
Jul 13, 2009
Teaser posters

I really enjoy the viral posters or teaser posters for movies such as the Saw franchise, so I tried my hand at making something. I am not all that great with adobeshop but this was my attempt.

Attachments

• Genisis Apple.jpg
    Genisis Apple.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 125
  • thunderbolt.jpg
    thunderbolt.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 118
Dec 31, 2008
Heres mine not that much different but it looks pretty Boss.

Attachments

• Andrei Jikh.jpg
    Andrei Jikh.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 108
Mar 15, 2009
Minnesota
Here's my first entry.

EDIT: Oops, didn't realize that we had to use the genesis pictures. Actual entry coming soon

Attachments

• theory11cards.jpg
    theory11cards.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 102
Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 8, 2008
Here are my entries.

PIC1) This was supposed to look like an advertisement for LOST but that epic failed...

PIC2) Let's hope the sequel doesn't suck ;)

EDIT: Hang on, how do I attack photos so they appear in little thumbnail boxes at the bottom of the post????

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results