Saturday Night Contest - Create a Flourish!

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys! Hope you all are enjoying your weekend thus far. We just released a new cardistry video featuring the Citizens Playing Cards, so check that out if you haven't already! It was a fun video to shoot, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it. I performed a few original moves in the video, so that's where this week's contest gets inspiration.

Your challenge is to create a new flourish. Simple as that. The sky is the limit with how many flourishes you can create. Make it new and fresh, and try to make it as original as possible. It doesn’t have to be complicated. Just show us something unique and creative. We also want to see a smooth performance. Execution and flow will play a factor in the judging process, as well.

You also don’t need a nice camera to film your flourish. It can be a webcam video! Cinematography and editing skills are in no way required for tonight’s contest. We want to see the flourish. That is what counts.

Film your flourish and upload it to YouTube, Vimeo, or Instagram (if posted on IG, hashtag it #theory11). Post the link to your public video (so we can see it!) in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, May 15th. Once time is up, our panel of judges will go through each submission and decide on a winner based on the criteria listed above. You can submit up to 2 flourishes per member, but remember that we are looking for quality, not quantity!

What can you take home if you win? 1,000 Elite Member Points and 6 Decks of Citizens Playing Cards!

We look forward to seeing your creations! You have a little over 24 hours. Make it happen!

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

Walleyemaster34

Elite Member
May 30, 2015
You people and flourishing. You all make it seem so easy to come up with a new one. I've tried and tried but the only thing I've been successful at is raising my blood pressure and seeing how far across the room I can throw a deck of cards. Good luck all. I do enjoy watching the flourishes.

wZEnigma

Elite Member
Jun 17, 2009
NE Ohio.
ianchandlerwriting.com
Somehow I think Alvin or Birger will win. They seem to have auto-wins for these contests, ha.

Also, these contests are sort of flawed, since past winners have used flourishes that they've spent a long time working on. Since there's no way to know when a flourish was created, it's tough.

Apr 12, 2016
So here's my entry. It's far from perfectly smooth but I'm not going to have any time to work on it tommorow so it's the best I have for now. That said, I'm really happy with how it came out, it's a completely false cut and I think it will look really good after a couple months of practice. I'm calling it "Insomnia" due to the fact that I've worked on it until 2 a.m. despite having to wake up at 6 in the morning.
Goodnight and goodluck to everyone.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results