Saturday Night Contest : Daniel Madison Edition

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
It's currently 11:00am EST. It's not yet Saturday Night, per say, but this week's Saturday Night Contest allows you a little bit of a head start. You might need it.

Daniel Madison has been in the theory11 hq all week finishing up production of Dangerous, among other projects not yet announced. We've been shooting all week, and as you know, Madison has a distinctive style that is edgy, modern, and different. For a taste of his stuff, check out some of his videos on YouTube. He's also featured in the preview video for the Bicycle Guardians. Once you've seen his style, check out the Media Section submission just posted for details on this week's challenge:

http://media.theory11.com/1060-SNC---Daniel-Madison-Edition

After you've watched the video-- here are a few more details. As mentioned, all submissions must be posted in response to this thread (via YouTube, Vimeo, Veoh, or Viddler link) on or before 11:00pm EST tonight. Submissions will be judged by the theory11 crew and Madison himself, with the winner posted by midnight tonight. Videos should be creative-- the best parody wins-- and should be family friendly, appropriate, and funny. Limit of one video per member.

Because this is a video contest, you'll need music. But don't worry-- we've got that taken care of. You can download the music you need at this link. Good luck to all-- winner takes home an uncut sheet of Bicycle Guardians signed by myself, Wayne Houchin, and Daniel Madison.

12 hours until deadline... go for it.

Aug 31, 2007
Sounds cool, can't wait to see the submissions! But really, my video wouldn't turn out good..... lol.

Good Luck everyone.

And second.

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
Okay, forgive me for being stupid, but how do we download the music? I'm not experienced in this kind of stuff.

For mac, you can also just click the down arrow thingy if you are using QuickTime, and then select download as QuickTime movie, name it, save it.

Contest sounds good. And hard. I have a few questions...

1) Does it REALLY have to be in black/white? :)
2) What's the mininum/maximum time for the video?
3) How many videos may we submit?

Thanks.

D

Deleted member 2755

For mac, you can also just click the down arrow thingy if you are using QuickTime, and then select download as QuickTime movie, name it, save it.

Contest sounds good. And hard. I have a few questions...

1) Does it REALLY have to be in black/white? :)
2) What's the mininum/maximum time for the video?
3) How many videos may we submit?

Thanks.

I can answer these for Bayme. =P

1. Yes it has to be in black and white
2. Probably no minimum or maximum, however, it would be safe to assume you should at least have the full lenth of the song.
3. They would probably only prefer one.

Well, hope that helps, I can't wait to see submissions, and I think I'll do this one because I love video projects! Well... I'M OFF TO WASTE MY SATURDAY! WOOHOO! (well... most of my friends are actually away because we had a while off from school... I'm not away...so this is one of the only things I can do sadly. :() I'M OFF! SIGNED SHEET?! MUST DO THIS!

-Doug

-edit-
Aww... Bayme beat me to it. =P Anyway, since you are here Bayme, can it be a bit longer than the song?

Aug 31, 2007
I can answer these for Bayme. =P

1. Yes it has to be in black and white
2. Probably no minimum or maximum, however, it would be safe to assume you should at least have the full lenth of the song.
3. They would probably only prefer one.

Well, hope that helps, I can't wait to see submissions, and I think I'll do this one because I love video projects! Well... I'M OFF TO WASTE MY SATURDAY! WOOHOO! (well... most of my friends are actually away because we had a while off from school... I'm not away...so this is one of the only things I can do sadly. :() I'M OFF! SIGNED SHEET?! MUST DO THIS!

-Doug

Late.

Really, this contest could be pretty easy, just get one of the %50 of the Flourishing Videos here.

Sep 3, 2007
Can the video be edited? with speed ups and such?
O and i have the perfect idea for the video... its just im not so great at DM's moves... which i need a couple of.

D

Deleted member 2755

Can the video be edited? with speed ups and such?
O and i have the perfect idea for the video... its just im not so great at DM's moves... which i need a couple of.

I'm sure you can. It's a parody. You can do whatever you want.

-Doug

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results