Saturday Night Contest - Fool Us!

CAndrew

Elite Member
Jan 12, 2011
It's amazing how people can be bad losers !

Come on guys, you didn't win : that's OK. Life goes on. You thought your effect could fool some magicians, it didn't. But you're not doing Magic for magicians, are you?

It hurts your ego? Question yourselves.

Congrats to Patrick Kun, anyway ! :D

I don't think many people were bad losers. From the posts Ive seen they are are congratulating Patrick except for maybe 1 or 2. I didn't enter the contest, I was just trying to point out the it would have been hard to judge correctly since they couldn't be 100% sure of the method

It's amazing how people can be bad losers !

Come on guys, you didn't win : that's OK. Life goes on. You thought your effect could fool some magicians, it didn't. But you're not doing Magic for magicians, are you?

It hurts your ego? Question yourselves.

Congrats to Patrick Kun, anyway ! :D

You know I don't really see a lot of bad losers, as you put it. For the most part I think everyone's just tossing in their comments, and congratulating Patrick on his win.

Michael Kras

{dg} poet laureate / theory11
Sep 12, 2007
Canada
www.magicanada.myfastforum.org
I think the problem is you might have found videos where you thought you knew the method, but didnt. Theres really no way to know unless you individually Pm every person to ask if you got it right.

There's plenty of ways to know. Nobody here is John Carney or Dai Vernon, catching methods isn't the most difficult thing in most cases, especially in sleight-of-hand based effects.

Feb 4, 2008
There's plenty of ways to know. Nobody here is John Carney or Dai Vernon, catching methods isn't the most difficult thing in most cases, especially in sleight-of-hand based effects.
QFE

Look guys...Ultimately it is almost impossible to fool another magician who has been around long enough. With out being too much of a pragmatic jerk I'd say that I didn't see anything that fooled me either. I am including my own, (well that's obvious! lol) I realized while posting my own that it wouldn't fool experienced magicians but that doesn't make me any less proud of that little sequence. I have added subtleties to "Panic" that I have never seen anyone else do. I'm proud of that. Doesn't mean that it is a magician fooler. Obviously some of you guys have done similar things to your routines. Added subtleties that no one else does or worked a plot that no one else does. Be proud of what you have created not because it wins a competition amongst other magicians but because of the relationship it creates between you and your audience. If you happen to win a competition like this then great! It is a nice feather in your cap. But that is all it will ever be....The most important part is the effect it has on your audience. If the effect you perform has that then there should be no shame when some magician states, or implies, that they can work out your method. And when you accept that then there should be no reason not to give Patrick a nice warm congratulations.

Oh and Btw... I have seen just about every video Patrick has posted and when you see him perform live you will realize that his number one priority is his audience. And more than being congratulated for winning this contest he should probably be congratulated more for keeping his priorities straight! Nice Job Patrick!

Nov 9, 2010
Oh and Btw... I have seen just about every video Patrick has posted and when you see him perform live you will realize that his number one priority is his audience. And more than being congratulated for winning this contest he should probably be congratulated more for keeping his priorities straight! Nice Job Patrick!

I have nothing more to add, I just want to agree with this part. There's stuff to be learnt from watching Patrick's performances for sure.

Congrats on winning, Patrick!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results