Saturday Night Contest - Happy New Year!

Nov 12, 2011
My goal is to actually practice with some of the playing cards I purchase instead of simply adding them to my collection.

Dec 16, 2011
2011 has been a real life opener for me and my future. I have come to know several goals through out this year. My first goal is to finish designing my deck, and find a way to get it published. My second goal is to finish writing at least one of the books I have been working on for a while now. My third goal is an oldie but a goodie, its to get back into shape, I let myself go a little during 2011. My last goal is to make this world or at least the world around me that I can influence a more magical place, I plan to bring joy to more people with magic and to bring some happiness to the people who need it.

bentley

Elite Member
Nov 23, 2007
My goal in magic (and in general) is to start performing full time doing a stand up magic show. This hopefully will lead to me performing illusions later on in life. I want to do some small tours to get my stand up magic show running and full time doing what I love. I have the material that I am going to do but getting out there and doing it I've been to scared to do and now I feel like I am ready to pursue this type of magic.

GarethNg

Elite Member
Oct 14, 2011
I want to advance my coin magic and continue creating card flourishes-maybe ReMastered v2?

Feb 17, 2011
Quebec, Canada
Simple, learn gambling related move. So, purchase Card college, after purchase fondation 1 and 2 by jason england. I think this will be enough material for the next years. Also, practice what I already know.

Nov 26, 2007
Snc

Hope you guys have a great new years! I have a few different goals for 2012, my first goal is to release 3 tricks on the wire that I have been sitting on for a while, my second goal is to finish my new mentalism show and start perform two stand up shows 1 mentalism and 1 magic! And hopefully the walk around I already do just keeps picking up! And lastly I am very big into art so I would love to design a deck of cards for my dad who passed away just over a year ago, he died of leukemia so I would love to design a deck maybe with an ER feel to them and give all the proceeds to cancer research! I plan on 2012 being a big year of magic for me so I hope all my goals come true with lots of hard work and dedication! Lastly, Thank you for your site which has helped me reach so many of my goals already!

Happy New Year!!!

Less skyrim MOAR magic. I want to perform more than last year as it seems to me that im not performing as much as i used to. Also to get around to launching an effect onto the wire :)

FUS RO DAH

Feb 18, 2011
My 2012 goal is sad but true. I'am terrible in relationships like..bad haha. I end of falling to easily and I am so confident in my talents and work that she wouldn't "leave" and I start ignoring her and only focus on magic and my creations and my music and art. Not her. So I end up ignoring her, which I hate. And I do this alot and I think I finally learned my lesson. SO this 2012 my goal is not to be a d*ck to women and not just focus on me :)
Real talk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 1, 2007
To continue to improve the card effects I'm working on and to work more on gambling related moves.

Nov 12, 2011
My goals for 2012

Hello peeps :) My goals for 2012 are as follows: lose weight and be well fit!, get a girlfriend :p, expand on my magic ability so that I can be noticed, Release a product either on the wire or a big magic producers such as theory 11 ;), fool Penn and Teller, discover a brand new chemical element and have double the amount of fun I had last year :D also tidy my room and do my homework early (my mother didn't pay me to say that!) Happy new year friends :)

Sep 6, 2010
Goal: My history teacher and I have not been getting along very well. In class, I get distracted very easily and I can be a bit disruptive (calling out, raising my voice, etc...). I truly mean no harm, but in the moment, I am never really thinking about the effect my disruptiveness on her and my fellow classmates. My goal is to get on her good side and show her that I can change my behavior and classroom ethics.

How to Accomplish: First, I will apologize to her, in person, for what I did during the first semester. Then, I will need to go out of my way to do change my behavior in her class. I will need to make sure I always say please and thank you, listen to her the first time she gives me directions, do not be disruptive in class, and participate in class more often. I will be respectful instead of just sucking up to my history teacher because being respectful shows compassion and dedication, while sucking up is a method of trying to get something that you want.

Obstacles: First, there is the possibility that my teacher will not accept my apology. If this happens, I will need to show her that I am capable of changing my actions. If she sees my capability, maybe it will change her perspective of the true person that I really am. Also, there is a possibility that my teacher will not want me on her good side. Since we did not get a long very well, why would she suddenly change her opinion of me. If I cannot get on her good side, I need to at least stop the arguing and bickering. That I know is something that I have full control over (I do not have control of my teachers feelings, but I do have control over my actions).

Deadline The sooner the better. I know that this problem will not fix itself overnight, but I would like to have a more stable relationship with my history teacher by the end of March. I believe that this is a good amount of time for both of us to heal, as well as enough time for me to show that I can change my behavior for the better.

Oct 11, 2010
I will continue to be awesome.

To be slightly more serious, my plans for 2012 are to get close to being able to do a one arm chin up and to learn Quenya (elvish). Magically related, I want to start performing for people again. I used to, but haven't in a while. This is going to change.

My goals for the new year are:

1) Produce a new Wire product for each quarter in the new year.
2) Book 1 TV appearance minimal.
3) Book 1 out of the country performance.
4) Learn card manipulation, and put together a stage routine.

Nov 17, 2010
Get more organic with my magic.
More specifically...
Creating (and stealing from others) a sick pen routine.
And I also want to be able to do more table magic.
W

Oct 23, 2011
My goals for 2012
-is to keep performing until i'm not nervous(no shaky hands or sweating hand)
-is to somehow meet famous magicians that have inspired me(would love to meet Wayne Houchin)
-create some practical and hard-hitting effect .
-release some tricks in the wire .
-I want to make tears coming out of my spectators eyes when they see me perform(in a good way)

Happy New Year and Good luck :)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results