Saturday Night Contest - Limited Options

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Casey Rudd, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Thanks man! Hey would you be cool with consulting with me for some extra ideas I had with this effect? Like Skype or email if you are interested?

Martin Eret likes this.
  2. Sure thing! I'll pm you my info.

TylerScottIllusionist likes this.
  3. These entries look amazing so far!

4. Still working on ideas. Can't speak for their originality, though :/ This is a really tough one.

Gabriel Z. likes this.
  5. Apologies for the poor recording quality. There are no gimmicks, no additional coins, just a coin and a cup.

Good luck to everyone and I hope you like my effect!

6. Good Luck everyone !!!!

Gabriel Z., Brett Hurley and CWhite like this.
  7. I don't want to sound rude when I say this but... You flashed big time on that.

8. Well, I'm officially tossing my hat into the ring.

Good luck everyone!

9. Yay. Five minutes to go! Here's my entry. Sorry about the focus :|

Good luck again.

10. Alright guys, time for results! This week was a rather tough challenge, but we hoped it inspired you to get outside the box. As magicians, we are always looking for ways to improve, so we hope that we helped you see things from a new perspective.

Onto the winner. We felt that this submission was super creative, original, and executed flawlessly. It certainly had the edge this week, so congrats to marcopaso for winning this week's prize! Please contact our support team so we can hook you up with your prize ASAP!

We would also like to award a second place prize of 500 Elite Points to TylerScottIllusionist for his live performance of his dollar bill routine. Really solid work!

See you guys on Saturday for a new contest! The podcast with Blake should be up this week, as Blake has been super busy with Hall of Magic and The Magician at the NoMad over the past week.

11. Congrats to both of you! This was a tough one!

Gabriel Z. likes this.
  12. Youre good , yeah it was something i created right there , and i flashed worse in other takes

13. If I may give a recommendation, you need to angle the card when you do a snap change and motivate the change. Your card was parallel to the ground. I do the snap change at a 45 degree angle and trust me it helps. What I would have done is also brushed on the snap change card to give motivation as to why it's magically changing. Hope this helps!

14. Congrats guys!

Gabriel Z. likes this.
  15. I forgot it was Sunday. When I read this I thought: "why is he announcing the winner now..." Haha oops. And Saturday night contests don't happen every week...

16. For as long as I have been on here the contests have happened every week.

17. It was a reference to an older post of mine in a different thread. Lemme see if I can find it...

18. Congrats guys! Great entries this week!

Gabriel Z. likes this.