Saturday Night Contest - Luke Dancy Roundtable

May 22, 2009
1. What is your creative method?
2. IS Criss Angel easy to work with?
3. What tricks have you created on Mindfreak

-Ian

3. In your opinion, what would be the greatest magic trick?

To clarify, it does not have to exist. You are only limited by your imagination.

I walk up to someone in NASA and say: "Pick any card you want.". They pick it, look at it, remember it, sign it, replace it. No shuffles, I just snap my fingers. They look through the deck and can't find their card. Suddenly they recieve a radio transmission from the space station... :eek:. I call it... "Holy IT!". The trailer will be on the Socka Trova disc.

Axe

Apr 3, 2008
Buffalo, NY
1:: What to you is the most important part of a performance?
2:: If you looked back 10 years, would you thought you would have been consulting for a popular magician?
3:: What is your all time favorite Criss Angel demonstration/trick and why?

-Alex

May 3, 2008
2. What are/were your goals as a performer/creator? What do you want to achieve next? What's the next step? Where do you want to see yourself in 10 years?

Oct 22, 2008
You being a mentalist and all, was there any one time in your career meeting another mentalist that showed u a trick or just the way he/she acted that just completely changed the way you think about your effects and career in general?

Apr 9, 2008
Malaysia
1) Who is Luke Dancy? For someone do not familiar with you , may you introduce yourself , let us know you better.

2) Are you start coorperat with theory 11? What will you bring to us? I am so exciting to know what I can learn from you at future.

my awesome question is....does location play a role in getting gigs and jobs in non-magical states such as NC,because I live in North Carolina and i find it tougher to land a job because greensboro doesnt have many magicians,therefore many people dont know the true potential of a great magical entertainer.and that is my awesome question.

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
Roundtable, yay! Okay, here I go...

1.If you perform Triumph, which one? What Triumph is your favorite?

2.What is your favorite audience to perform for (Big/Small? Young/Old? Intelligent/Rubes?)

3. Would you rather: Absolutely destroy your audience's mind with the most amazing miracle they've ever witnessed and will talk about forever - or - Leave leave them absolutely elated after your performance, thinking only about how much fun they've just had and nothing else?

Sep 19, 2007
Hey Luke,

When you and the other consultants are creating or chossing material for the show, id there a dedicated session or is ta a more constant freeflowing exchange?

Are there set criteria for material to make it onto the show or into your own act?

How long on average is spent on R&D for a show like Criss'

Thanks

Sorry if I duplicate any questions.

1. On average, how many hours do you practice magic a day? A week?

2. Are you more of a performer or a "behind the scenes guy"?

3. Are there any pros or cons you'd like to share when it comes to your job (Criss Angel consultant)?

Thanks! I really hope I win -- those decks look awesome!

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
- What was it like working with Daniel Garcia during your collaboration on Tricycle? Did you guys have conflicting ideas, how did you work together?

- Knowing that Criss Angel is one of the biggest names in public magic right now, do you feel more obligated to support his ideals and opinions?

- How were you discovered?

Nov 10, 2007
Please read this I am very sorry I am late:
Who is your favorite performer to watch and why?

If you remember, what was it like the first time you performed and how did it go?

What do you think is better for the youth of magic to experience coventions or camps?
- Donald

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results