Saturday Night Contest - Style Showcase

Aug 14, 2014
Something I whipped up really quickly before my cameraman (my sister) fell asleep because I won't have time tomorrow :p. Love Me playing cards are probably my favorite and I wish we had more time:D. Good luck to those involved!!!

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
When the deck was released I too thought it was rabbit, took some time to notice what the real name is

I did a double take as well when I first joined the site and saw it in the archive.

I keep calling it "Rare Rabbit" in my head every time I see it. I hope this was intentional :p

I hope it's intentional! @Davidtong has some 'splaining to do!

Now I have to figure out how to get some Monarch butterflies if animals are going to take this contest down.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
I got the same thing , RareBit sounds like Rabbit. If you wanted to be a douche you could say but it's a hare and not a rabbit , so it would sound nothing like RareBit. However, we'll have to have DavidTong break it down for us.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Hey Brett ,when are you going to post your entry??? (I was going to use this meme if and when Casey took his time with posting the results) View attachment 2888

I know, we're usually the first two to enter contests. But you're always the first one to enter a video contest. I have to put the kids down before I can even churn the midnight oil.

I'm about 80% done. It's rare for me to NOT have a video entry done within the first 8 hours of a contest being posted, but here we are. It took 4 hours to get all the filming done and I got pretty tired at 3:30 EST. I'm just doing A LOT of fine tuning and messing around with music editing and splicing at the moment. But so far, the music cutting and splicing isn't going so well, so I'll probably scrap that idea.
It'll take a bit to get the fine tuning done, considering the kids are up and about.

But I will have en entry.

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
Can't wait to see your entry Brett. However there is still that matter of the Rarebit/Rabbit dilemma. Can DavidTong tell us if that is in fact a Rabbit and not a Hare?? Or do we have an animal expert in the house to confirm this???

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
When making your entry
"I think i got this, I think this is a good idea"

Few hours later after posting your entry and watching other's entries
"Man I dont stand a chance"

Who else have this same feeling in almost every SNC??

I get that feeling too.

I will say, you have a really short video. I love stop motion. It's amazing what you can do with stop motion. And watching yours, I was thinking, 'that's it?!' It's super short.

There's still time to edit and whatnot.

You got to push, man! You have a vastly different video style than anyone else. There's about 9 hours left to dig deep, you have your idea. Just let go of what everyone else is doing and run with it!

Furrukh

Elite Member
Jul 24, 2010
Karachi,Pakistan
I get that feeling too.

I will say, you have a really short video. I love stop motion. It's amazing what you can do with stop motion. And watching yours, I was thinking, 'that's it?!' It's super short.

There's still time to edit and whatnot.

You got to push, man! You have a vastly different video style than anyone else. There's about 9 hours left to dig deep, you have your idea. Just let go of what everyone else is doing and run with it!

Thanks for the advice man, I appreciate it, after seeing all the other entries I too thought that man my video is too short, but the thing is that its already 10pm in this part of the world, my cellphone wont give good results with the artificial lights compared to what it gave in the natural light....... Plus the theory behind the shortness of video was that I wanted to make something like what t11 do when they release a teaser trailer of an upcoming deck or a sneakpeak, where we are left with the feeling of wanting to see more...... If the deck i used was some unseen deck did my video gave the same feeling?...... I guess this will be learning phase for me.... Ppl helping eachother out and giving +ve comments on others work is the best part of these contests

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results