Saturday Night Contest - Style Showcase

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys! Hope everyone is having a great weekend. It's been a while since we have done one of these types of contests. We all know that each person has a different style. No two magicians or cardists are the same. So, with that said, we think it would be fun to see how each of you interpret a special task. What is it? Let's get right into this week's challenge.

Your challenge this week is to make a card trailer for any theory11 deck of cards in 60 seconds or less. You can do whatever you'd like in your video (ie. cardistry, magic, or something completely different): the sky is the limit! Only one video per member is allowed.

If you don't have a fancy camera, use what you do have. Certainly use the best equipment that you have available, but a great video on a poor camera will win over a poor video on a great camera. Remember to light well or go outside and find a cool environment. Creativity counts in all aspects, technique and production! Showcase the cards. Create the right vibe for whatever deck you are showing.

You have slightly over 24 hours to film and edit your card trailer. Post your video on YouTube or Vimeo, and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread for your chance to win. Deadline is Sunday, April 17th at 11:00pm EST. After time is up, our panel of judges will go through all submissions and decide on a winner.

What can you win? 1,000 Elite Member Points and 6 Decks of Citizens Playing Cards, shipped on the house, anywhere in the world.

We look forward to seeing all of your trailers. Start brainstorming!

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
I'm entering, but I only have one T11 deck that doesn't look like molten card stock from overuse. So I have to figure out what to do with that.

This contest is like the Instagram 'take a picture of your cards' on steroids.

You entering, Dominus?
I haven't decided yet...I have 8 T11 decks to chose from but no idea what to do with them...
Its my last week of the semester too so I have finals to prepare for. I guess we'll see what happens :p
Cant wait to see what you come up with!

Good luck everyone!

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Casey can you please give me an 8 second extension ?? I know that isn't fair to the rest but I promise the video won't let you down. I did it outside not in my room..... You're going to love it I guarantee.

Dude man! The contest just started!

I bet you can use the rest of the time remaining to snipe some time off your vid.

A snip here and there. Speed up here and there. Like real unnoticeable and insignificant bits and you're on your way to an entry!

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Question: Can we use music in the trailer?

Absolutely!

Casey can you please give me an 8 second extension ?? I know that isn't fair to the rest but I promise the video won't let you down. I did it outside not in my room..... You're going to love it I guarantee.

60 seconds or less. No exceptions! :p

Reactions: Gabriel Z.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
Dude man! The contest just started!

I bet you can use the rest of the time remaining to snipe some time off your vid.

A snip here and there. Speed up here and there. Like real unnoticeable and insignificant bits and you're on your way to an entry!

Yeah I guess your right Brett, but the sun was going down ( which I mention in the video) I like my intro and I don't want to crop off anymore than I have to .
Absolutely!

60 seconds or less. No exceptions! :p

However , Casey seems pretty adamant , so I guess 60 seconds it is . lol You guys are the best.

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Yeah I guess your right Brett, but the sun was going down ( which I mention in the video) I like my intro and I don't want to crop off anymore than I have to .

Ah! You're using natural lighting. I know your secrets!

I completely disregarded that aspect as I do all my work when the kids are asleep.

Casey seems pretty adamant , so I guess 60 seconds it is . lol You guys are the best.

Oh yeah, Casey doesn't mess around.

One thing I just want clarified. Since YouTube and Vimeo are requirements.
If the video gets loaded and it shows up as 1:01 (a funny thing YouTube does. Like it takes extra tenths of a second and rounds up, I guess). Is that video legal for the contest?

I know it sounds funny, but I guarantee it's going to be seen here

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
One thing I just want clarified. Since YouTube and Vimeo are requirements.
If the video gets loaded and it shows up as 1:01 (a funny thing YouTube does. Like it takes extra tenths of a second and rounds up, I guess). Is that video legal for the contest?

I know it sounds funny, but I guarantee it's going to be seen here

If it rounds up to 1:01, that's fine. To avoid that, make sure the video is something like 59 seconds just in case.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results