Saturday Night Contest - The 30 Second Challenge

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
Tonight we wanted to host a Cardistry related Saturday Night Contest, and tonight I get to be the lucky judge.

The contest tonight is all about timing. 30 seconds, to be exact. We're looking for a NEW cardistry video from you with a maximum time limit of 30 seconds on the dot. Because these vids will be so short, it is important to think through exactly what you'll be doing within it - every second counts. Every movement counts.

The most impactful video as determined by myself and our panel takes home the prize. Creativity is a plus - so get the juices flowing. Video must be uploaded to Vimeo, YouTube, or Drop.io on or before 11:00pm EST, with a link posted in this forum thread.

Winner will be announced on or before midnight EST, or when all submissions can be fairly judged. Winner takes home the signed deck used in the final image we posted last night of what is to come on Monday. Good luck to all.

-Andrei Jikh

Tonight we wanted to host a Cardistry related Saturday Night Contest, and tonight I get to be the lucky judge.

The contest tonight is all about timing. 30 seconds, to be exact. We're looking for a NEW cardistry video from you with a maximum time limit of 30 seconds on the dot. Because these vids will be so short, it is important to think through exactly what you'll be doing within it - every second counts. Every movement counts.

The most impactful video as determined by myself and our panel takes home the prize. Creativity is a plus - so get the juices flowing. Video must be uploaded to Vimeo, YouTube, or Drop.io on or before 11:00pm EST, with a link posted in this forum thread.

Winner will be announced on or before midnight EST, or when all submissions can be fairly judged. Winner takes home the signed deck used in the final image we posted last night of what is to come on Monday. Good luck to all.

-Andrei Jikh

Sorry for double posting but is it okay if I have a webcam?

EJ

Mar 4, 2008
Canada
Quick question... by NEW, do you mean new flourishes (as in one we create ourselves), or NEW as in a new video which contains any flourishes we want (as in not using an old video we created)?

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
im guessing new means a new video not one you filmed a long time ago and have in storage. a video made from now till the due date and yes it must be flourising not magic. the flourishes can probably be original or other's. im guessing thats what he means if im wrong may andrei correct me. good luck to all, i haven'te decided if im gonna participate yet, i won andrei's last SNC but this one will probably have stiffer competition

Jul 13, 2008
So it can't be about magic? That stinks . . . I would've participated if it were. I'm not a cardistry guy lol.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Just to clarify, this contest is about cardistry - and should be a NEW video of your creation tonight that is 30 seconds max. Good luck!

Jul 8, 2008
Well I'm no flourisher by any stretch of imagination but I'm assuming by impactful that you want something different and not the same old zippity zam jello pudding pop we see everybody doing for some reason lol. I might give a shot at this.

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
Andrei, do you judge by speed? If I did mine kind of slow, would this be breaking your cirteria?

Not necessarily! Just make an awesome video, doesn't have to be the most original thing in the world but originality does count as a plus. I realize not everyone creates art and some enjoy learning and that's perfectly fine with me. Good luck!

-Andrei Jikh

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results