Score! Specialty bike decks at Books A Million

May 4, 2009
They have a Barnes N Nobles and Books A Million next to each other in North Charleston close to where I live. I was in the neighborhood so I went to check out the card selections. Barnes N Nobles had nothing. They told me they don't sell regular decks of cards any more.

Books A Million had a huge display of just bikes.

They had Guardians, Limited Edition Pink decks, Black and Silver Metallic Decks, The Eco-Green Deck, the Limited Edition White deck, the limited edition blacklight reflective tragic royalty deck, and a purple deck.

I got about ten decks.

Guardians are $3.99 and everything else was $2.99

I already have some Shadow Masters decks and Black Tiger decks. My Shadow Masters decks fan much better and easier than all my other decks. Even when the get badly worn they still fan good.

The Guardians fan just like the Shadow Masters. I love them. The coloring on the face cards is really nice also. The Guardians come with a double-backed gaff card and a theory11 card as well.

Limited Edition White Deck
LimitedEditionDeck.jpg

This is the blacklight reflective Limited Edition "Tragic Royalty" Deck
CARDSTRAGICROYAL-ALT1.jpg

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
Nice.
I try contacting my Wal-Mart to request that they stock the White Bikes but they didn't know what the hell I was talking about and ended up just saying... "We'll.. uh... look in about that and uh... get back to you."
That was about 3 or 4 months ago... maybe I should try again? lol.
Anyway, cool find. Lucky.

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
Nice.
I try contacting my Wal-Mart to request that they stock the White Bikes but they didn't know what the hell I was talking about and ended up just saying... "We'll.. uh... look in about that and uh... get back to you."
That was about 3 or 4 months ago... maybe I should try again? lol.
Anyway, cool find. Lucky.

Put on your best Arnold voice,

That'll show 'em.

G

May 4, 2009
Based on what I found online the Tragic Royalty deck is supposed to be a childrens deck. I think it would be good for magic though!

go to walmart, look at the card area, closely. also check out party supplies. i found them there the first time.
(for the white edition cards) they are nice. i have a few decks sitting around.

im actually thinking about the cards i have. and i actually just watnt to get rid of all the old decks i have. thats alot of decks lol

May 4, 2009
Lol, yea, Tragic Royalty can be good for magic? I've seen plastic cards that spread better than those sad excuses for playing cards.

Well, I haven't opened the wrapper yet on these yet. However, I'm sure they have some value. I think compared to Shadow Masters And Guardians all other Bicycle Rider Backs I've tried don't fan as well. It's all relative. Magic isn't just about fanning though.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
dude, I LIVE IN CHARLESTON! that's so cool. yeah, isn't it at northwoods mall? i have seen those decks there, but too bad for me i didn't have any money. haha. that's so cool how we live practically in the same city. just plain awesome.

May 4, 2009
dude, I LIVE IN CHARLESTON! that's so cool. yeah, isn't it at northwoods mall? i have seen those decks there, but too bad for me i didn't have any money. haha. that's so cool how we live practically in the same city. just plain awesome.

I live in Summerville. Yeah, it's at the Northwoods Mall.

Feb 28, 2008
I've always found that Target had a better selection of cards... though they cost a bit more. I got those White Bikes there a few months ago.

May 4, 2009

So there is good and bad. I figured it was worth $2.99 to have a deck.

I'm surprised you say Target. I looked at my Target for cards a week ago and all they had was red decks and that was it.

I'll let everyone in on a really great deal. Costco sells red and blue decks for $1.08 a pack! It is $12.99 for a 12 pack! You get six red and six blue. Heck of a deal. Some stores sells the regular red and blues for $2.99 each.

I've been spending a lot of time working on flourishes and the cards get trashed fast. With $1 rider backs, I don't mind trashing the crap out of them.

There was an empty hook on the bicycle deck rack at Books A Million. Now I'm wondering what other deck they were out of. :p

I'll have to check back next month and see what they have. Someone on this forum said they found a store selling Tiger Decks and Guardians. I have several Tiger decks, but have decided I don't like them. I loved them at first, but spectators can't tell the difference between hearts and spades. I've even had times where I got confused myself, because the hearts and spades are both white and it makes them all run together and looks the same. But, if it's true it gives me hope that we'll see other decks at stores like the Ghost deck or Propaganda. I definately have to get a Propaganda deck sometime.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results