Sean Fields - SICK

What do you think should Sean market this effect?

• Hell yeah, this is great

Votes: 35 59.3%
  • No, it's disgusting

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 18 30.5%

• Total voters
Nov 18, 2008
CA
looks exactly like the version criss angel did awhile back. i guess it's ok if the coin can be signed. also didn't look to realistic and definetly not my style.

D

Deleted member 2755

looks exactly like the version criss angel did awhile back. i guess it's ok if the coin can be signed. also didn't look to realistic and definetly not my style.

No it does not. With Criss's effect, you see the coin actually travel under his arm. That is not in Sean's version.

Anyway, Sean Fields is amazing with the material he puts out. I don't own anythings that he has put out so far, but I have seen some of his stuff. He's amazing at what he does. This had me in my seat curled in a little ball as I watched it. Really amazing looking effect. Just not my style. If I were into stuff like this, oh I would pick this up in a second. WOW!

-Doug

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
Its seems like a good effect but i always hated geek magic. Its just seems like it would freak people out more than amaze them. Plus, all geek tricks look like things from Ripley's Believe It or Not

May 3, 2008
I love geek magic, but this is more gross than it is cool. I would think that you'd get more people thinking you're an emo freak than people asking how you did that. And blood makes me nauseated.

May 8, 2008
Cumbria, UK
Just yesterday, I made a routine involving lots of coins and blood. This would be an AMAZING starter/finisher for that! Wow! I need that trick...

EDIT: Could you keep me updated please? If you hear that this is being released, I urgently need to know. Thanks loads.

Dec 31, 2008
Just yesterday, I made a routine involving lots of coins and blood. This would be an AMAZING starter/finisher for that! Wow! I need that trick...

EDIT: Could you keep me updated please? If you hear that this is being released, I urgently need to know. Thanks loads.

Yes I'll keep you updated don't worry, and I hope SICK would do well with your routine ;)

Dec 31, 2008
great, just can't wait for this one... and yes to scare kids :D
i think it would also be like great story-telling about where magicians hide coins when they vanish them, because Sean said it doesn't have to be swallowed, you can vanish it your favorite way :D

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
So after you pull the coin out of the arm, you restore the cut?
Is there a reason why your pulling it out of you arm? Why not the foot?
I think this is more of a shock trick than an actual thought out trick.
Spec - "It's in his arm!"
Me - Why is it in the arm?

Not to be mean or anything but it makes no sense. I guess the shock of you cutting your arm open to get the signed coin will be enough for them to not ask any questions.

I guess I'd have to wait to see some live performances to get a whole presentation on it.

Oct 24, 2008
Savannah, GA
The idea of cutting yourself due to depression and an immature self-loathing or "need to feel something" is completely different from cutting yourself in a magical performance to produce something. I'm hoping that everyone posting "everyone will think i am emo" has the ability to distinguish the two, and am going to put it on good faith that it's good natured (if not juvenile) ribbing at the effect.

So after you pull the coin out of the arm, you restore the cut?
Is there a reason why your pulling it out of you arm? Why not the foot?
I think this is more of a shock trick than an actual thought out trick.
Spec - "It's in his arm!"
Me - Why is it in the arm?

Not to be mean or anything but it makes no sense. I guess the shock of you cutting your arm open to get the signed coin will be enough for them to not ask any questions.

I guess I'd have to wait to see some live performances to get a whole presentation on it.

I'll use a tired example straight from the annals of two years ago, so forgive me: but you can apply this same logic to a lot of tricks. Not many of them make sense. "You made two cards switch places!" Why? "You bent a coin!" Why? "You made some balls jump around under cups!" For God's sake, why?

You've got to apply suspension of disbelief here: most magic tricks are completely illogical EXCEPT within the course of a performance. Why in the world would a rational individual with time on his hands make some cards change color, or really any of the things we do? Because they perform a magic show for you. Swallowing a coin then cutting it from your arm makes as much sense as anything else magicians do. The audience sees what the magician is doing, and since they're suspending disbelief for this performance, they accept that this is just a gory way to make a coin appear after it went away.

It's geek magic, pure and simple. It fits certain characters. It's squeamish fun for people watching. It's a non-boring way to produce a coin. Take your pick.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results