Share Your Routines

Sep 1, 2007
With the exception of Steerpike...how are these "routines"?

A routine should have a theme...not just a list of three tricks you do together...hell...I would even accept - it offers variety of my magic...like, cards, coins, something different...

Steerpike was also the only one that mentioned the VERBAL connection of a routine...

I don't completely hate magic - but this thread is putting me back in that unhappy spot.

If you are going to "share" "your" "routine" - please explain what makes it a routine?!

Part of the reason I posted it. I got sick of seeing cookie cutter combos and a crippling lack of originality.

I'm totally open to feedback by the way. It's the only way the damn thing is going to get any better.

It is a little late but I do not care,

A parlor routine I have done live is the air-soft roulette routine, I have six shells for a revolver on a lazy Susan, I spin the disk and let it go round and round. While it is spinning I ask a spectator to join me up front. When the lazy susan has stopped I take table tents labeled 1-6 and have the spectator place them next to shells of there choice. Once done I take out six envelops and my air-soft revolver. I explain to the audience that only one of the shells has an air-soft bb loaded, please grab hold of on of the strings coming from the tops of these six envelopes. They choose anyone they want I have them pull on the string and a toe tag with a lets say a 3 is on it.

I then say okay I will take every shell but number 3 an load it into my air-soft gun, I then take the last shell and place it in the gun so that it is the last to be fired. I thank the spectator and ask him/her to be seated. I then continue with me acting out the "to be or not to be" soliloquy from hamlet, firing off 5 shells at various parts of my body, at the conclusion of the soliloquy I fire the last shell at a coke can to prove it really was loaded.

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
It is a little late but I do not care,

A parlor routine I have done live is the air-soft roulette routine, I have six shells for a revolver on a lazy Susan, I spin the disk and let it go round and round. While it is spinning I ask a spectator to join me up front. When the lazy susan has stopped I take table tents labeled 1-6 and have the spectator place them next to shells of there choice. Once done I take out six envelops and my air-soft revolver. I explain to the audience that only one of the shells has an air-soft bb loaded, please grab hold of on of the strings coming from the tops of these six envelopes. They choose anyone they want I have them pull on the string and a toe tag with a lets say a 3 is on it.

I then say okay I will take every shell but number 3 an load it into my air-soft gun, I then take the last shell and place it in the gun so that it is the last to be fired. I thank the spectator and ask him/her to be seated. I then continue with me acting out the "to be or not to be" soliloquy from hamlet, firing off 5 shells at various parts of my body, at the conclusion of the soliloquy I fire the last shell at a coke can to prove it really was loaded.

Interesting idea to use an airsoft gun. Nice work

Justin.Morris

Elite Member
Aug 31, 2007
Canada
www.morrismagic.ca
Part of the reason I posted it. I got sick of seeing cookie cutter combos and a crippling lack of originality.

I'm totally open to feedback by the way. It's the only way the damn thing is going to get any better.

Actually, I really like what you have. There is some great stuff there. I like the eerie ending/hypnosis thing. I think my favorite part is the the two part whammo, they get at the start with the paper balls and chair selection. Very nice.
Criticism? None really. It's very well laid out. What is your favorite moment in your routine?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results