SIX New Releases + Free White Monarchs - Friday!

S.G

Feb 9, 2010
Magic in the past: Passion, practice, innovation, entertainment, mystery, books, psychology, mentors, performing for actual people.

Magic in the present: JOOOOOOONNNAAAATHAN!!!! WHY DIDN'T I GET MY WHITE MONARCHS AND UNCUT SHEETS?!! ME NO HAPPY. *pout*

Card collecting in the past: We need to look for and find every deck and make the best effort possible to get it. Same goes with any product.

Card collecting today:...Still the same. Same in regards to other products too.

When we buy something with our money, we expect to get what we paid for and what we were promised. I am not talking about T11 here as I did not order anything in this particular sale and I have nothing against the company but I really don't think that you making fun of others helps at all. Maybe you think you're being funny, but I respectfully disagree.

We can all get by just fine without snide, sarcastic comments about our behavior. If you don't like what people are doing, please keep it to yourself and refrain from the doing the same thing (not saying you do this, just a principle).

Hopefully I have not been offensive in this post as none of it was meant to be so.

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
OK we were told there would be enough to last the window. What are you going to do for the orders over $100 considering you said there would be enough to last the window? I knew this was going to happen! I had a couple errands to run and thought "no biggie, they assured us there would be enough to last" and the whole time I'm gone I'm thinking "publicity stunt...they're intentionally underplaying it so that they can act surprised when they sell out in an hour" and what happens? Exactly what I was afraid of. Shouldn't $100 orders at least get 2 decks? 3 would be fair because $50 orders get 1 but at least 2. What's up?

Hey Nodems, I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Why would theory11 intentionally sell out of something in order to "act surprised"? Due to the high volume of orders and the limited supply of the uncut sheets, it was only a matter of time before they sold out. We obviously cannot predict this which is why it's first come first serve. Either way, theory11 is giving them away for FREE, as a gift and as a special thank you to the customers for their support.

Apr 27, 2010
baller08.blogspot.com
...but I really don't think that you making fun of others helps at all.

No but it sure is funny to see all these entitled, self-absorbed, whiny kids go insane over something like this. I tell ya...if this keeps them awake at night, wait till they get out a load of actual life or.....when they start performing for actual people and get a little heckling. Boy...get the white padded cells ready.

I was at a Target the other day and there was a woman behind me with her daughter around 6 or 7 years old. This little girl was screaming at the top of her lungs that she didn't want to leave the store and that she wanted some toy. I turned to my girlfriend and commented, "Wow, she's a little too old to be behaving like that....if her Mom don't set some harder discipline she's going to grow up with a huge sense of entitlement and will figuratively scream like this for most of her life".

Read the last few pages on this thread (ie: the post right above mine from dancards) and you see that little girl's future, just bunch of little kids "screaming at the top of their lungs".

Apr 15, 2012
I'm curious on when it is going to be said how many decks were printed and how many uncut sheets there were?

Apr 27, 2010
baller08.blogspot.com
Your analogy is pathetic.

I simply asked when the next release is going to be because T11 promised it , besides that I stated the truth when I said they failed like amateurs in the first 2 releases.

LOL! I like how you still read through the "bla blah blah" enough to find the tiny part buried in the "blah blah blah" about you. *coughselfabsorbedcough

Jun 8, 2012
Hey Nodems, I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Why would theory11 intentionally sell out of something in order to "act surprised"? Due to the high volume of orders and the limited supply of the uncut sheets, it was only a matter of time before they sold out. We obviously cannot predict this which is why it's first come first serve. Either way, theory11 is giving them away for FREE, as a gift and as a special thank you to the customers for their support.

I can understand that to you this is simply a fun promotion. I don't know about everybody else, but I've been on my toes since the announcement came out earlier this week. It's great that you're giving them away as gifts, and I put in my order >$100 even though the sheets ran out. It just seemed odd to me that your estimate of how long the sheets would last was soo off. That and I have no idea how many decks and uncut sheets were printed. I'm not striking out against you guys, you have great products. Just to be honest though, I was very frustrated/disappointed when I sat down 2 hours in to a 12 hour promotion and the sheets were allready gone. All that being said. Congratulations on what looks to be an awesome sales day.

Ashrei

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
To speak in T11's favor, there is no good way to estimate how long a product will last. It doesn't happen every day that 100s of orders over 100 dollars flood into T11. They can make an estimate saying usually we get 15 of such order (just a random number) and we will estimate about 20 fold of that (yet another random number), but that's not a good estimate either. If Jonathan could predict the future like that, he wouldn't need to do magic. Even if he made an estimate using previous promotion, it still wouldn't be a good estimate for the same reason I spoke previously. I can't say this will make many members happy, but what's done is done.

On a side note, I'm pretty stoked to try out new cards.

Andrei

Elite Member
Sep 2, 2007
Las Vegas
www.youtube.com
No worries, we hope everyone that did order today is pleasantly surprised with the Heritage Series, Insane, and Rapture. They truly are amazing and fun to perform. The Heritage decks handle and look phenomenal. As a special thank you we decided to throw in some extra goodies, which we also hope everyone enjoys. :)

Ashrei

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
They don't show up in the cart tatan. Just little message before you check out.

Jun 22, 2012
This type promotion is definitely going to be a learning experience for both theory11 as well as its supporters. I think the main issues are arising from the gross overstatement of the availability of the promotional gifts (see post #8). He clearly states that they will be available while supplies last, which should have been a red flag to not wait until the last second, but infers in the same post that if you have to wait then you will be fine. Also we need to be real and not act like you are doing us a favor by "giving them away" with $50 and $100 orders when people would have rather gone with the original promotional idea and paid for them straight up. Everyone else needs to be real and understand that they were mistaken if they thought these rare items would last the whole time regardless of what was said. Please don't get me wrong, I personally love this promotion and promotions like it because it gives me a chance to get other things I like along with a very rare item or two. I think theory11 did a great job and I'm sure they will take everyone's feedback to make it even better next time.

@b_08 yes some people are being over dramatic and childish but extremely arrogant and degrading comments make you look no better.

While very new here, one thing I'm not new to is the internet, and damn sure not new to sales, limited edition runs, and giveaways like this. I knew that if I wanted for sure an uncut sheet, that I had to get my order in at the start. I work nights so I am always asleep at 10am, so I had to force myself up at 10am to hit up this promotion at the start. I even had my cart ready last night.

Having been through buying DeadZebra's Android figures (which have sold out in seconds before) I knew the value of the phrase early bird gets the worm. Being mad about it is stupid, its not like you were having to pay for it. And if I remember the part of the conversation from earlier in the thread, the estimate was more geared towards the decks, which they still have. Not to mention that they might not have expected such a large amount of over $100 orders. Even with excitement in a a forum thread, there is no real way to guess how popular a sale/promotion/giveaway is going to be.

Just my 2 cents ;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results