So, you are meeting this girl for the first time...

Jan 15, 2010
.... so will you magicians perform some tricks to them? If so, probably around how many? and what kinda of tricks are you guys performing?

I'll be meeting this new girl soon, I'm thinking of using magic as a bridge to let both of us know each other better.

So I'm thinking of doing two card monte, search and destroy, and lastly cellmate (to get her number :D :D) do you think its a little too much to show so many tricks at one go during our first meet up? I'm kinda thinking that cellmate might be a little too 'offensive' in pursuing the girl.

IDEAS PLEASE!!! XD :p :p

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
I really disagree with the idea of performing magic to meet girls...
It might work in a bar when everyone is already having fun, but one a first date? with someone you barely know?
what she will most probably think is
"Hey theres the guy Im supposed to meet.
*after 10 minutes*
whys he taking a deck out? who carries a deck of cards in their pocket?
oh... hes a magician... great..."
The fact that you took out a deck of cards in the middle of a date just to show her magic makes you look a tad of a tryhard. As well as this, the tricks you perform arent related in any way. A card transposition, sandwich, and finally one which has a bit of connection. If you are determined to perform, atleast perform something fitting the situation and time. How bout performing a trick which seems on the spot and not "planned"... Alvo Stockman's material is good for that. Elixir of Life, Mixed Tape, BFF, etc. Mojo by John Kennedy might work well.
Just perform things which seem like
"Hey... I found out something interesting the other day.. green tea actually makes you blah blah blah and go on" instead of "Hey... so...heres my deck of cards...please pick a card... look, i know magic."

Sep 14, 2009
Ncy (Nancy, not NYC :])
sciffydof is right..

You'll obviously talk about your hobbies etc...tell her you're a magician and she'll probably ask you for a trick, then you can try something..if she don't, do not ask her for...

I think you should do something like the rope and ring little routine..or maybe a little coin trick..(bent coin or what so ever..)

Don't try to impress too much...you'll have the time for that at a party or something..i think it's better if she sees you perfoming for some guys. She'll see their reaction and may be think "he's pretty good, this guys are freaked out!".

Just my point of view...

Jan 15, 2010
I really disagree with the idea of performing magic to meet girls...
It might work in a bar when everyone is already having fun, but one a first date? with someone you barely know?
what she will most probably think is
"Hey theres the guy Im supposed to meet.
*after 10 minutes*
whys he taking a deck out? who carries a deck of cards in their pocket?
oh... hes a magician... great..."
The fact that you took out a deck of cards in the middle of a date just to show her magic makes you look a tad of a tryhard. As well as this, the tricks you perform arent related in any way. A card transposition, sandwich, and finally one which has a bit of connection. If you are determined to perform, atleast perform something fitting the situation and time. How bout performing a trick which seems on the spot and not "planned"... Alvo Stockman's material is good for that. Elixir of Life, Mixed Tape, BFF, etc. Mojo by John Kennedy might work well.
Just perform things which seem like
"Hey... I found out something interesting the other day.. green tea actually makes you blah blah blah and go on" instead of "Hey... so...heres my deck of cards...please pick a card... look, i know magic."
okay, guess I didn't make it clear! sorry for that! I am not meeting her for a date! instead I am meeting her, with a bunch of my friends. so its like the first time i meeting her!

I believe I will start off performing tricks for my friends first then slowly move on to her! I'm not showing her tricks on the date! That's like so nerdy! hahaha.

But anyways, hmm, elixir of life, mixed tape and bff, may I know these tricks are from who? alvo stockman?

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Yes those are from Alvo Stockman...
But the situation is changed now.
I still dont think you should perform actual card tricks, even for close friends. I dont think anyone ever performs for close friends regularly unless asked for. It would be really weird if everyone was chatting and you just whipped out a deck of cards. I still suggest you perform something very on the spot - no cards.
Coin bend is good, very off beat "oh no what happened?"
Perhaps some form of a quick levitation "dammit i dropped my dollar bill. ah well *snap* *bill flies to you*"
Something simple, direct, and off beat. Dont look like you planned the trick.

Jul 14, 2008
If I am interested in a girl, I would like to get to know her a bit better, not magic. Reason is that I want her to define me as a human being.

you must have personality......i do magic in front of all people and if women are around....kool...a bonus...u must take yourself serious and not try to turn into a chick magnet....if a woman will like you, the reason will be for who you are and not for doing magic....

i can't lie though...and trick here or there with the right kind of lady can score some kool points but it won't get you laid.....but still some kool points....

Sep 12, 2007
Normandy, FRANCE
Well, I agree with the idea of doing smth as "on the spot" as possible, but if you're asked by your friends to show them a trick, what you can do is to try an "experiment" with someone's phone - of course you'll ask for the number of somebody who is not a close friend of yours, out of fairness...hey young lady, would you help me out and give me your number ? :D

Anyway, you send the following message : "You are holding the 6 of hearts". Then say you''l get back to this in a moment and do something else, I agree with the idea of bending a coin it always gets good reactions and it's in the same mentalist theme as predicting the future. Then just try one last thing and force the 6 of hearts ; emphasise the fairness of the situation : a person you just met, a message sent long before anything even started with the deck of cards, a "free" choice...

Believe me, everyone will be holding their breath when the girl will open the message you send her, and you'll get amazing reactions.

Nov 7, 2009
Get self tieing shoelace by Jay Noblezada and say hold on my lace is untied then flick it together. Then if they say do something else do a coin bend. Then do nothing else. Just my opinion...

Oct 12, 2009
Navarre, Florida
If you like doing card magic then bring a deck cards. There isn't anything wrong with that you just have to 'own' it. Have that attitude like "Of course I have cards on me, I just told you I do magic".

Best way to go about it is only bring it up if its relevant to whatever everyone is talking about. Basically, if they are talking about hobbies. You don't want anyone to think you are trying to just wedge it into the conversation.

Also, if they don't directly ask when it does come up, only offer to do a trick once, make it a good one and if they don't ask to see another after that or seem VERY VERY interested then just leave it alone at that. I wouldn't advise doing more than 3 tricks total. It makes you look that much better to tell them 'no' or 'maybe later'. That way it shows you have something of value and now its up to you to give it to them.

Chances are if your friends know that you do magic they'll bring it up at some point. Maybe you could ask them to?

Aug 10, 2008
In a rock concert
Dude, you need to answer to yourself this question:

" Do I want her to be interested in me? or my magic?"

It would be a shame ythat the only reason that girl is even talking to you it's because you do card tricks.

Think about it.

On the flipside I agree with haunter, just bring your deck of cards, and don't take them out until they ask for it. If you do take them out and yell "hey wanna see something cool?" you are just acting like you an attention W***e.

have a nice day ;)

Jan 16, 2010
lol.

so. "getting girls" with magic is totally something I am against. using the artform to try and manipulate girls into liking you is weird. however. using magic to spark there interest is something that works great. if you are into cardistry then bam. ur done. get to the movies early, sit and start flourishing. when she walks in wait till u know shes seen you, and cards away play it off like u were bored. dont bring it up unless she does. interest is different than "getting her". i would sy dont even perform for her unless she asks you directly. if you are going to perform do it casually, and for your friends, but dont seem like ur trying to do magic for people.

i wouldnt personally go for the magic thing at all, until a much later time, when there is a mutul interest. instead try actually making her smile and like you without your magic :p.

whatever you decide to do good luck with it lol

Oct 12, 2009
Navarre, Florida
Yeah you probably don't want to just be the 'magic guy'. I always do magic for customers where I work and I'll have repeat 'customers' who just come in to see more tricks and don't really ever spend any money. Same thing comes up at parties sometimes, soon as I show up "OH ITS HIM DO A TRICK DO A TRICK!" before I even get a drink in my hand. Bump all that noise.

Just remember that its YOUR skill. Do it when you want to, on your own terms. Don't be a little dancing monkey for your friends.

Aug 17, 2008
Ann Arbor, MI
I have seen some people say they disagree with using magic to meet girls... While I don't think you should whip a deck out in the first 5 minutes, I think its fine if you show her some little tricks at first. If you were at dinner, you could do the trick where you say your going to make a quarter disappear under a napkin and glass and the glass didappears... Everyone magician knows that trick, right??? (And does that trick even have a name... Not just glass and pennie trick?)

Anyway, I would think its perfectly fine to show her some magic, but just little tricks at first. Then maybe some more into it tricks, if that makes any sense....

Hope this helps,

- SM

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
.... so will you magicians perform some tricks to them? If so, probably around how many? and what kinda of tricks are you guys performing?

I'll be meeting this new girl soon, I'm thinking of using magic as a bridge to let both of us know each other better.

So I'm thinking of doing two card monte, search and destroy, and lastly cellmate (to get her number :D :D) do you think its a little too much to show so many tricks at one go during our first meet up? I'm kinda thinking that cellmate might be a little too 'offensive' in pursuing the girl.

IDEAS PLEASE!!! XD :p :p

eww.
Use something called personality and relating to them.
I heard girls love that.

I personally just perform magic for the sole purpose of entertaining.

However, I suggest that you get to know a bit about her first during your first meeting. I wouldn't perform any tricks or anything though.

The thing is, not all females are interested in magic, so you don't know if she actually would want to witness your ULTRA SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME abilities or not. Find a situation where you are performing for other people where she could see it (like, don't perform DIRECTLY for her) and if she IS interested, she should let you know by talking to you about it, asking you "OMGZ0RZ HOW DID YOU DO THAT???!!!"

Just my two cents.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results