Someone hands you a dollar...

Nov 8, 2007
Scenario: A dollar bill is brought out and you want to do magic with it. Excluding Fraud*, what do you do? Describe your routine.

I love money magic and I'm interested in seeing what others are partial to performing when a borrowed bill makes it into their hands. I look forward to your responses!

*Fraud is a phenomenal effect. The only reason I'm excluding it here is I know so many people will respond with it as their answer. I'm interested in seeing what else people are performing with a borrowed bill besides Fraud.

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
I'd make it disappear, then whip out a deck and hopefully they'll forget they gave it me.

But on a serious note, I've never explored money magic (Except for DG's Greed). So I really couldn't tell you :)

Nov 8, 2007
You could do DG's Twisted, which is a bill change.

or

Make it disappear into your pocket! =D

How do you end Twisted? Do you turn it back? What method do you use to make it disappear to your pocket?

I'm not looking for ideas on what to perform really--I have tons of books and videos on money effects. I'm trying to find out what others are actually out performing.

What method though? There are several routines on this. Which do you prefer?

A wonderful little technique called a duplicate. :D
There are plenty of ways to get the actual bill inside the pen, but they're just too fussy. I'd rather just show the bill then swap for the real one.
Plus... there are plenty of ways to pretend it's the same bill, you know, ripped corners, signing one side yourself, all simple stuff.

Feb 15, 2008
I do my own impromptu little illusion with a single bill. Nothing much, really, but it appeals to laymen and it really proves hecklers wrong :)

Jan 4, 2009
West Allis,WI
One money effect with a dollar bill I perform is from the dvd series Worlds Greatest magic :: Bill in lemon. I love using Bill Malones routine, bill is signed an vanishes it, then of course appears in the middle of the lemon signed an juicy. Its quick an simple, allowing it to build a solid routine around the effect an use wat ever patter to accomplish the effect....hope this helps!

One money effect with a dollar bill I perform is from the dvd series Worlds Greatest magic :: Bill in lemon. I love using Bill Malones routine, bill is signed an vanishes it, then of course appears in the middle of the lemon signed an juicy. Its quick an simple, allowing it to build a solid routine around the effect an use wat ever patter to accomplish the effect....hope this helps!

Small question: Who made the first bill in lemon?

Nov 18, 2007
How do you end Twisted? Do you turn it back? What method do you use to make it disappear to your pocket?

I'm not looking for ideas on what to perform really--I have tons of books and videos on money effects. I'm trying to find out what others are actually out performing.

If you are feeling VERY generous you could always hand back the bill or change back on an offbeat like the entire thing was an illusion.

As for the pocket, its just a gag. You take the dollar and keep it.

Sep 1, 2007
-Ghost Bills by Andrew Mayne
-Bunny Bill by Robert Neale or do the PH variation
-Torn and Restored Bill where it looks like you rip the two middle holes and pretend to eat it.. I'm not sure by whom though

Feb 28, 2008
In Canada we don't have dollar bills, only 1 and 2 dollar coins. I've never had someone hand me a five dollar bill or anything like that because, I think, no one would trust you with that much money... It's always coins sent my way.

Nov 10, 2008
Upstate NY
Any version of Nightshades by Paul Harris.
I usually keep a couple of set-up's right in my wallet!

I can't decide whether to use Impromptu, or UV!

Feb 9, 2008
BUFFALO, NY
I love TUBULAR from TA!! You can also do a pen through dollar; rip out the face of George eat it and spit it back on; or what I like to do with $20 is have them sign it, I fold it into a nice little package for them, wrap it and burn it, and it appears inside my wallet, inside a zipper compartment, inside a sealed envelope! 90% of the time they give it to me for a tip!!=)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results