Someone hands you a dollar...

May 24, 2008
am i the only one who saw this thread title and thought,

"TAKE IT AND RUN!" ?

my thoughts exactly.

But in all seriousness, I use my stealth pen to take notes in school, so I am always prepared for that.

Bizzaro

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Vegas
www.smappdooda.com
If we're talking one bill and one bill only, I would do the biting out the center and restoring it OR borrow a sugar packet and knife and do a bill penetration (learned from Fearson's Magically Delicious video)

how about the old jay sankey dollar bill tear but when you reveal it, shwo that its still a full dollar bill, or you can perform ghost bills by andrew mayne, it has minimal setup, but if you have none, be honest with the people, tell them that you don't do that, even if you know how to but don't like to.....they will respect you more and also allow you to be you and not just a magic freak....

taylomade25@yahoo.com

www.myspace.com/taylormade85

check me on myspace videos: search: "CONSUMMATED"

be looking out for STIMULUS AS WELL.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Scenario: A dollar bill is brought out and you want to do magic with it. Excluding Fraud*, what do you do? Describe your routine.

I love money magic and I'm interested in seeing what others are partial to performing when a borrowed bill makes it into their hands. I look forward to your responses!

*Fraud is a phenomenal effect. The only reason I'm excluding it here is I know so many people will respond with it as their answer. I'm interested in seeing what else people are performing with a borrowed bill besides Fraud.

Imediately take out my wallet, and put the dollar bill into it. Thank them. Then ask the if they have a 20 or larger. I insure them that it's much funnier that way. Rinse and repeat as many times as they will let me get away with it. Then go into a bill rutine

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
I'm currently playing with an EXCELLENTLY constructed effect fro mmy bud Mike (aznofspades), which fits the bill...

Someone hands me a bill, I take out or borrow a coin and wrap it in the bill. The packet is rubbed on the specs palm whereupon they feel the bill vanish and only the coin is left! Then, the coin vanishes just as mysteriously. For the finale, after both hands are shown empty, the packet is found under the specs watch. Very cool!

I have, in the past, used the Jay Sankey T&R bill, which I like a lot, made the bill animate away from my hand across a table top, and performed a quickie effect of my own, Karate Bill, wherein a borrowed bill is balled up, tossed into the air and I drive my bare finger through it while it hurtles through the air.

Also, Greg Wilson's Pitch and Ditch move to transform a borrowed bill into a scrap piece of paper or a coin would be ace!

CL

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
Hate to bump up this 'old' thread, but if someone handed me a bill I would perform Asi Wind's Time is Money

Of course to perform this effect, the spectator should have a watch on.

Or I would perform UV Nightshades by Paul Harris.

I've been having fun with these effects and are worth checking out.

Another idea would to change their dollar into your credit or ID card and then open your wallet to show their bill in there, where your card once was; whether it being to remember the serial number or a duplicate dollar.

V.

Nov 8, 2007
Hate to bump up this 'old' thread, but if someone handed me a bill I would perform Asi Wind's Time is Money

Of course to perform this effect, the spectator should have a watch on.
Thanks for bumping it. That's a great effect, and an effect I was unaware of. A lot of big names are really endorsing it too. Demo looks great. As a lover of money magic, I'm getting this!

Assuming its spur on the moment and i am not prepped to do anything bill related...
Andrew Mayne has an amazing bill penetration effect, i believe its called Infusion. Its simple, straight forward, quick, but visual.

Nov 8, 2007
OK, I couldn't resist. I just ordered Time is Money. Looks great, it's impromptu, and you can't get much better endorsers than Chris Kenner and Paul Harris.

I'm really liking how Jacob's Ladder looks too. Two new impromptu money effects--this makes me happy. :)

Oct 11, 2007
Jacob's Ladder is awesome, smooth, and extremely visual! It is without a doubt the effect I would perform with a bill if I was handed one (and had a rubber band of course)!

-emagician

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results