Spring Street Magic

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Nice video. My only qualms are these: One, it's really bleached out from the light. It's almost painful to look at with how bright that is. It would be nice if you could figure out why it's doing that and correct it.

Two, I wouldn't advise saying the commercial names of effects around spectators. If they hear it and want to look it up, that's not very magical any more.

Aside from those minor qualms, nice work! Your magic is solid and it takes the proverbial balls to go out and perform for strangers.

Jan 5, 2009
Small town Ohio
Nice video. My only qualms are these: One, it's really bleached out from the light. It's almost painful to look at with how bright that is. It would be nice if you could figure out why it's doing that and correct it.

Two, I wouldn't advise saying the commercial names of effects around spectators. If they hear it and want to look it up, that's not very magical any more.

Aside from those minor qualms, nice work! Your magic is solid and it takes the proverbial balls to go out and perform for strangers.

Thanks for you comment :]

About the brightness, i realize it's annoying and i apologize for it. I think i mentioned it in the description of the video as well. But there wasn't much i could do. Should I tell the sun to dim down a little bit because I'm filming? haha. I don't have the best of cameras and it was in the middle of the day. I do apologize for it though.

I agree with not saying the name in front of the spectators but i said them quickly, and honestly.. if someone wastes their time to go look it up, then oh well.. not worth it. But i do completely understand what you're saying.

Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:
May 3, 2008
Amanda, i have some question and critique.......

what effect did you do to the guy in the red hat???? whats its name??? the one where you pit the torn card in his hand??? anyways the effect was priceless....handsdown......

as far as the whole thing goes.....what can i say...i'll give you on a scale of 10 you'll get 10.....so kudos to you there....

sweet stigmata....loved the pressure......

the only hit i have is this...and like i said..i'm a huge fan..so take it with a grain of salt....did you really have to choose a playground??? i mean there are better places.....but all in all i loved it..u rock....a classic....
David Williamson's Torn and Restored Transpo.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
So I saw RDChoppers thread earlier with his posting of him performing for real people.
Great idea! haha.
I know here at theory 11, people don't like posts regarding the same subject but I think live performances are an exception to that rule. So here's my performance video from a couple weeks ago. (although, it's not edited all cool like ;])

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKwJkp2iGbs

I totally agree with the go out and perform motto.
I mean come on, most all of us always have cards on us at all times, if not other things. So why not do some magic for people?
If I'm ever bored, that's what I do. It's amazing fun and great practice. :]

Liked your performance alot. You have an very approachable manner and style.
I felt pressure was a little rushed but overall well done.Id suggest next time to bring the balloon out of your pocket and not have it out before,reason why is because it seems a bit suspect having it out already.
Overall nice job.

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
Thanks for you comment :]

About the brightness, i realize it's annoying and i apologize for it. I think i mentioned it in the description of the video as well. But there wasn't much i could do. Should I tell the sun to dim down a little bit because I'm filming? haha. I don't have the best of cameras and it was in the middle of the day. I do apologize for it though.

I agree with not saying the name in front of the spectators but i said them quickly, and honestly.. if someone wastes their time to go look it up, then oh well.. not worth it. But i do completely understand what you're saying.

Thanks again!

I doubt they'll piece it together anyways. But just careful on saying the names.

Aug 2, 2008
Cincinnati
I like your video. You seem super confident, which is always a plus. You seemed to have the tricks down pretty well, which is also nice. I do feel, however, that some of the patter wasn't the best. I think you can improve upon that, just like everyone probably could. Anyways, good job and hope to see some more videos.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results