Sep 14, 2017
So i want to expand my magic, knowledge and performance wise, i have recently been interested in stage magic and I perform and practice close up so i would like some help on beginner stage magic. Recommendations on books and dvds for beginner stage magic would be nice or any reccomendations would be nice. Thanks

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
So i want to expand my magic, knowledge and performance wise, i have recently been interested in stage magic and I perform and practice close up so i would like some help on beginner stage magic. Recommendations on books and dvds for beginner stage magic would be nice or any reccomendations would be nice. Thanks
I don't do stage magic, but I do know that most of Mark Wilson's Complete Course was built for or can be used on the stage.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Best book on the transition to stage and one of the best books I own on magic is Jeff Mcbride's Show Doctor. He teaches magic you can do on stage as well as staging tips and how to put together a show. It's a great read and I highly recommend it.

Reactions: KingLouis
Hey King Louis!

So Friday night, at around 8:30 p.m. EST I will be hosting a live hangout on my YouTube channel. I will be interviewing my producer that helped me put on my stage show that was my major project for this year. It will be a live interview so you can tune in and ask questions during the livestream and we will answer them as we interview. We will be going over topics such as building a team, writing a stage show, knowing you are ready for stage shows, the difficulty of stage shows, and much more. I hope to see you there! You can find my YouTube channel by the same name as my username on here. Cheers!

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
There are two routes to stage magic. The first is large illusions. Generally, large illusions are expensive. The second route is to use props that play. You can use linking rings, an egg bag, 20th Century Silks and even an invisible deck. Those type of effects can play to an audience of 30 to 300.

As @Maaz Hasan said, Mark Wilson's complete course has some great easy to make stage illusions and some smaller prop effects that can be used for stage magic.

My reccomendation is to get a subscription to Genii. With a subscription, you get access to back issues. Search for columns by Paul Osborne (illusion designs), John Steinmeyer (illusions and stage magic with smaller props) and Jack Gaughn (historical magic props).

If you are looking to build stage illusions, check out Rand Woodbury' Illusionworks books and DVDs and Paul Osborne's books and designs (search Osborne Illusion Systems).

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results