Subtle concepts

Feb 10, 2013
Hi. I have been looking into subtle concepts after somebody told me to look into the mechanics shift in another thread. It looks great, but I had some questions that I wanted to ask first. I do not know how many of you have this DVD or know about it, but if any of you do I would love some advice.

I have looked at the subtle concepts website, http://subtle-concepts.com/, and looked into the DVD a little bit. On the website there are three individual things, the mechanics shift, the hucko steal, and replay. I like the look of all of them and was wondering if they were all taught in subtle concepts 1 or 2 or if I would need to get both to learn them.

I have looked into the content list of the first DVD, http://sc.000space.com/Subtle_Concepts_Content_Listing.php, and noticed that the mechanics shift was there which is good. however, It only said steel and I was wondering if that is the same as the hucko steal, seeing as it is taught by Richard hucko. I did not see replay though because it is not an individual sleight so i was wondering if the changes taught in that are in the full DVD as well. Do they teach these things in the full dvd in just as much depth as the individual sleight videos?

The thing I am most wondering about though is whether they are all on one DVD or if I need both.

I noticed that these DVDs are packed with flourishes, color changes, and ace productions. I love color changes, and have never really looked into productions so would love to see what they have to offer. As far as flourishes though, I am not a cardistry guy. I have tried but it is very difficult for me. I can do a simple Sybil and the Werm and that is about it, so I was wondering if the flourishes are very difficult and will be way out of my reach or not. I have small hands so this may also be a factor. I would love to learn some cool flourishes, but don't want to spend money on it if it is going to be way to challenging in the flourishes.

If it is going to be a big stretch to do the flourishes, then is it still worth it in your opinion to buy the DVD for what else it has to offer?

Thanks for anyone who can help me. I understand the difficulty and challenge that this DVD has in store for me. That is what I am looking for. I just wanted a little more insight on what I was getting with each DVD. Sorry for those of you who have read my other post about this in another thread. It was off topic so I decided to start a new one for all of these questions.

May 23, 2010
Mechanics shift, the hucko steal and replay are all included in Subtle Concepts 2 but the teaching is very brief. If you want to get full benefit out of those moves, get the individual downloads. Mechanics shift download is almost an hour long and they go very deep into the mechanics of the move and all the possibilities. DVDs are ofcourse loaded with punch of other killer (and knuclebusting) material so I recommend getting all of them. Your money wont go to waste...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results