System of stock shuffling

Apr 26, 2013
I cannot for the life of me get this to work. I've extensively read both EATCT and ECT. i've been told to use the version from ECT, but I cannot accomplish the 5 card stack.

Is there anyone out there that uses the 5 card stack, if so how do you do it?

Apr 26, 2013
I can stock 2 cards, anything more than that however is a complete waste of effort. When I try to stock 3 cards, the first 2 are correct, the last one is a random card.

Apr 26, 2013
I can stock 2 cards, anything more than that however is a complete waste of effort. When I try to stock 3 cards, the first 2 are correct, the last one is a random card.

I can tell you exactly what you're doing wrong, precisely because I did the same in the beginning.

After the first series of runs you'll see "injog the top left hand card" . This is where people go wrong, especially lefties. The easiest way to explain this is to injog the top card of the hand you use to shuffle into. Since I'm left handed, I break my undercut with my right thumb and shuffle into my right hand. Please don't hesitate to send me questions if you get lost, I'll be happy to help.

Apr 26, 2013
I can tell you exactly what you're doing wrong, precisely because I did the same in the beginning.

After the first series of runs you'll see "injog the top left hand card" . This is where people go wrong, especially lefties. The easiest way to explain this is to injog the top card of the hand you use to shuffle into. Since I'm left handed, I break my undercut with my right thumb and shuffle into my right hand. Please don't hesitate to send me questions if you get lost, I'll be happy to help.
Also note this is from ECT, not EATCT

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
I cannot for the life of me get this to work. I've extensively read both EATCT and ECT. i've been told to use the version from ECT, but I cannot accomplish the 5 card stack.

Is there anyone out there that uses the 5 card stack, if so how do you do it?

I learned 2-5, 12 , not very well versed with the Euchre stock but im sure I can do it. I would recommend buying Allan Ackerman DVD to supplement your Erdnase studies. He explains everything that you need to know that is in EATCT , including the Euchre stock. Erdnase system of stock shuffling is your best bet. You may want to learn the one from ECT. However the one written by Erdnase is surefire...... As long as your not trying to cheat anyone for money using the stock shuffling you're safe.

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
P.S.

I usually don't like to promote myself but I have a Video Rental on Amazon entitled The Card Magic of Gabriel Zudeck and in that 30 minute video I do the 5 handed stock straight out of Erdnase. So yeah.;)

JasonEngland

theory11 artist / card mechanic
Nov 7, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
A good idea that Darwin Ortiz passes on in The Annotated Erdnase is to only worry about memorizing the 5-card stock. If you are only trying to stock 3-of-a-kind, the 5-card stock will work and you'll just do a little bit of extra shuffling to stock the random cards that are under the 3-of-a-kind. But...it's easier than trying to remember several different shuffling sequences.

Jason

Reactions: Martin Eret

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
Hey Jason,

I'm a big fan of your work on this site I have almost all your videos and watch them on a daily basis you are like a GOD at theory11. I even have your Unreal Work 2 DVD. How would I go about getting my The Expert at the Card Table Book autographed by you with a nice little note saying something about my battle with Schizophrenia. I know you have bigger fans than me out there, but it would be awesome if you could point me in the right direction to having my book signed by you. I'm just your average shit kicker when it comes to card handling, but I practices everyday and try to make it count. I know I'll never get as good as you but if you could give me a mailing address to have my $50 version of EATCT signed I would consider that a grand gesture and never bother you again. That being said I love how fast your hands move in the Push through shuffle video when you are performing the Up The Ladder Sequence and it should be an inspiration for all card handlers. I had to muster up some courage to post this here on the forum. Peace.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I use the Marlo 3 1/2 second stack. You only need to stack 2 cards and then you cover the other three using other artifice.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results