t11 bulletin : ALCHEMY by Ben Seidman

Jun 20, 2009
near paris
Tonight we released our last product of the year 2010 – ALCHEMY by Ben Seidman. This is Ben's first release here at theory11, so please join us in welcoming him with this premiere release!

With ALCHEMY, you can vanish a coin into thin air, or change it into another object while showing your hands completely empty. This is real simple and powerful impromptu magic.

If you’re looking for something new and visual to add to your coin routines, or for a stand alone effect, ALCHEMY fits in perfectly and will make your spectators believe they just saw real magic.

Learn this beautiful piece of magic by clicking on the link above or by heading to the Magic Tricks section of the website. We all hope you guys had a wonderful 2010 – time to push the envelope even further with 2011.

i saw on penguin magic a trick by ben seidman called "Here" it's a production and a vanish of a coin, the vanish looks the same , am i right ?

Jun 1, 2009
So if I am extremely ignorant on coin magic (other than a less than par french drop) will I still be able to do this effect without and prior knowledge?
And also, is it really, truly, completely Impromptu and uses no gimmicks whatsoever? I'm not against gimmicks, but I don't like being told one thing and then shown another. That's all

Jacob

Jun 6, 2010
Nashville, TN
So if I am extremely ignorant on coin magic (other than a less than par french drop) will I still be able to do this effect without and prior knowledge?
And also, is it really, truly, completely Impromptu and uses no gimmicks whatsoever? I'm not against gimmicks, but I don't like being told one thing and then shown another. That's all

Jacob

For those of you relatively new to coin magic, Ben covers the basics in the video and offers guidance on where to run to enhance your study of coin sleights and coin magic overall.

I'm gonna say yes. And I don't think that the theory11 team would lie to us like that. :)

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com

Jacob

It is completely impromptu, NO GIMMICKS are used whatsoever. As JB said, Ben goes over the basic sleights in the video and gives you resources on where to enhance your coin work.

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
I have it.

Bought it.

Love it.

Will use it.

It's not for everybody...I guess cause it takes a little bit of knack.

It will take time to master but is worth it, I'm having a grand ol' time with it.

Completely Impromptu

No Gimmicks

Awesome.

Happy New Years.

JD

Jul 5, 2009
Longview, Texas
I haven't posted in awhile. It's alright being back. Anyway, can the vanish be done with a quarter? I'm no coin guy so I have no coins besides that.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
I haven't posted in awhile. It's alright being back. Anyway, can the vanish be done with a quarter? I'm no coin guy so I have no coins besides that.

Yes, you can use quarters, however quarters are very difficult to see if you're performing for live audiences. He recommends using 50 Cent pieces or Silver Dollars so they are easily viewable and the vanish or change looks more impossible.

Jun 1, 2009
I'm gonna say yes. And I don't think that the theory11 team would lie to us like that. :)

Alright, and I know they won't lie, but there have been issues before on that subject, just taking precaution. Thanks :)

It is completely impromptu, NO GIMMICKS are used whatsoever. As JB said, Ben goes over the basic sleights in the video and gives you resources on where to enhance your coin work.
Awesome, I'm not really a coin guy (if you couldn't tell haha) but if someone asks "can you do coin magic" I think this would a pretty sweet one to bust out. Plus it would be hard to follow that up so I can switch to something else after that...
hmmmm.....to buy or not to buy.....

Jan 16, 2008
Yes, you can use quarters, however quarters are very difficult to see if you're performing for live audiences. He recommends using 50 Cent pieces or Silver Dollars so they are easily viewable and the vanish or change looks more impossible.

So do you mean the difficulty of the method will remain the same no matter what size the coins are? How about skin type; does that affect the difficulty? We have small coins here in Hong Kong.

Jul 21, 2009
Townsville, Australia
So do you mean the difficulty of the method will remain the same no matter what size the coins are? How about skin type; does that affect the difficulty? We have small coins here in Hong Kong.

Try get ahold of the old "Hong Kong One Dollars" their basically a half dolllar size

This effect is awesome! I'm not a coin person, so this is an outsider's opinion.
On each day now I wake up, get on t11 and hope to see "Genesis v2 by Andrei Jikh - Now available at Theory11". Imagine the quantity of rage my cat would be forced to endure. :D

Thank you t11 for another quality release! :)

Jun 20, 2009
near paris
i bought it , and be a little disapointed due to the vanish (that's just me, a lot of magicians are famous with this technique) , i can't expose it of course, but that's not the kind of coin technique i like to use, but if you watch him you 'll understand what i mean, but it's well thinking

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results