t11.bulletin - CRUSH by Eric Ross / full preview video

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
And is the gimmick re-useable, or will we have to buy refills? Or is it made out of household items? Thanks :)

Should last you a lifetime. No refills necessary, ever.

However, you will need to find an infant sized lifejacket, three banana's, lipstick, charcoal, and a bandaid. Just kidding. Pretty much everything you need is included. The rest can easily be found around the house.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Sorry to burden you with another question, Jonathan....

Can the same crush of the bottle be used on the cans? Or is the furthest crush on the can the one of the MONSTER drink in the preview video? Thanks.

-Casey

Dec 28, 2008
Should last you a lifetime. No refills necessary, ever.

However, you will need to find an infant sized lifejacket, three banana's, lipstick, charcoal, and a bandaid. Just kidding. Pretty much everything you need is included. The rest can easily be found around the house.

Good :) Got all of those

But seriously, I'm gonna get this one... looks awesome!!!

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Sorry to burden you with another question, Jonathan....

Can the same crush of the bottle be used on the cans? Or is the furthest crush on the can the one of the MONSTER drink in the preview video? Thanks.

-Casey

In the instructional part of the video, you'll see a pretty dramatic crush done with a can. But to be completely transparent, the effect was originally designed to be a bottle trick. It will work with some types of cans (hard to elaborate on this without exposure), but you can achieve Crush with pretty much ANY kind of bottle.

BlakeVogt

Elite Member
Oct 28, 2008
Vegas
Dude!

Dude JB! Any question I could have possibly thought of to ask has been asked and AMAZINGLY answered so quickly by you. This is phenomenal and I can not express enough my gratitude to your devotion to this project and overall this artform. Thank you so much and I can't wait to get this in the mail.

-Blake

DanielH

Elite Member
Apr 21, 2010
one more question JB is there a proximity limit? i mean do you even have to be in the same room? cuz that would be AWSEOME

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
one more question JB is there a proximity limit? i mean do you even have to be in the same room? cuz that would be AWSEOME

With one of the methods provided, you could be 5 feet away, 10 feet away when the crush occurs. You don't have to touch it - the bottle could be on the table or even in the spectators hands when it happens.

Apr 6, 2010
Im sure you're tired of questions but i couldnt see this one answered in the other pages.

How long (roughly) does it take to set-up/arrange the effect with their bottle before you commence the crush?

Obviously you would want to stretch the trick out for suspense, but how long does it take to set it up from the moment they give it to you till the moment you have it ready for show?

Cheers,
Steve

Aug 31, 2007
Lacey,Washington
I'll be getting this tomorrow in the mail and I'll give my first initial review after viewing and then I'll give a real performance review after performing. I really doubt t11 will let us down on this one.

morpheis91

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2007
Philadelphia
www.myspace.com
When you say use a spectator's borrowed bottle how long is the set-up?? Does this setup justify using the non-gimmicked version? Because if the setup is time consuming then why not use the gimicked version? Just looking to clear it up before I make my purchase! :)

Mar 16, 2009
Canada
I have read through every post on here now and couldn't find any of the questions I was wanting to ask on here so here they are:

1. with the gimmicked version, can the spectator be holding the bottle and you still be able to crush the bottle?

and 2. is it a gimmick that wouldn't work with somebody that's heavy?

Also I'd like to know how much of a setup there is as well because it's not been answered and what would the dificulty rating be on it?

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Just a note that I spoke to Dan Sperry a few moments ago via phone. Sperry tried this out for the first time in a live performance this morning. He utilized the ungimmicked method in the show - with a large 2 liter Coke bottle so that everyone in the audience could see. And it killed! He said that it caused a loud, abrupt CRUSH that freaked everyone out, especially the girl in the audience that was holding the bottle.

I suggested to him that he may want to try it with the bottle on the table (so no one is touching it) next time - just to see if that affects the intensity of the spectators' reaction. With proper build up and presentation, this is powerful stuff.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results