t11.bulletin - CRUSH by Eric Ross / full preview video

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
is there a huge difference in how much it crushes between the gimmicked and un-gimmicked methods?

This depends on a variety of factors (all of which are discussed in the video). Via either method, the effect is largely the same: the bottle slowly crushes by itself. The crush is pretty dramatic in either method - which is why we included both. In the instructional part of the video, you'll see a VERY pronounced, severe crush using both methods.

Mar 15, 2009
Minnesota
Just ordered my copy. This trick looks PERFECT for me, as in my high school, there are thousands of people and a seemingly limitless number of plastic water bottles.

Anyways, I really need a good trick to re-spark my creativity; as I have been out of performing for quite a while now - mainly because of school related athletics.

I can't wait to perform this for all of my buddies in class next week!

Aug 13, 2009
Just ordered VERY EXCITED! and real quick, it says it can be used for stage, close up, or any kid of setting. Who here plans to do it on stage? I'm heavily considering it!

4os

Dec 12, 2009
nor cal
1. jb, seeing that vid...wow..respect man. young and famous! such a dream!
2. do you need sleeves for the gimmick?

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
J.B sorry for the double post but i have a question, do you perform this regularly? and of so what version do you use the most/ is your fav method

Personally, my preference would be the ungimmicked method due to the circumstances in which I usually perform. Most of the time when I perform something today, it's not a planned event - it's for friends and acquaintances. That said, I used to perform working gigs (theater shows) quite often, and in that environment I would have definitely favored the gimmicked handling. Moral of the story is that it 100% depends on when and where you perform. But I do believe that for pretty much any performance environment, one of the two methods provided will work.

Mar 21, 2010
Will CRUSH work just as good as water bottles with ripples in them? Such as this bottle, here? Because mainly you'll see this type of bottles at parties, because they're generic and you get a lot more in bulks for a cheaper price.

Last edited by a moderator:

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Will CRUSH work just as good as water bottles with ripples in them? Such as this bottle, here? Because mainly you'll see this type of bottles at parties, mainly because they're generic and you get a lot more in bulks for a cheaper price.

I'd be willing to bet a bunch that the bottle you posted would work perfectly with this effect. Ripples HELP - not hurt. Ripples increase the crunchy sounds. I like crunchy sounds.

Mar 21, 2010
I'd be willing to bet a bunch that the bottle you posted would work perfectly with this effect. Ripples HELP - not hurt. Ripples increase the crunchy sounds. I like crunchy sounds.

Thanks for the reply, Bayme. Can't wait to pick up my copy.

Jan 15, 2010
no gimmick

With the no gimmick version, is there any secret setup required? I mean would i have to go off to another room or something to set it up?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results