Tell me what you think of this ;)

Sep 20, 2008
Unnecessary

That itself was a bit unnecessary as well wasnt it- And to add, Steerpike does have a valid point. He wanted Feedback, he gave legit and very descriptive criticism.

well all I can say is, He did what he was said to do, give feedback whether I like it or not.. I take his feedback as his opinion rather than I should do professionally, while I appreciate all comments including Steerpike's, before he criticizes, it would be cool to see a video of his own.

Sep 1, 2007
before he criticizes, it would be cool to see a video of his own.

And that would prove what exactly? The space-time continuum would warp and make my advice suddenly true where it wasn't before? I find it a little odd that people seem to think I need to produce a Palm d'Or or a Golden Globe in order to be able to dispense good advice when it comes to the fundamentals of good cinematography and editing.

God, why do I waste my time? Why do I ****ing bother?

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
And that would prove what exactly? The space-time continuum would warp and make my advice suddenly true where it wasn't before? I find it a little odd that people seem to think I need a produce a Palm d'Or in order to be able to dispense good advice when it comes to the fundamentals of good cinematography and editing.

I wouldnt expect many people here to know what Palm d'Or is.
What people dont know is that Steerpike is in fact a director.He knows what he's talking about.
And besides,he was not attacking saying that he can do it better.
You dont need to know how to act to recognize a bad actor. He's trying to help you.Why challenge him?

P.S. You say before he criticizes youd like to see a video of his own.So are you going to say that to everybody that critiques you at something?

Sep 20, 2008

Probably cause you're bored, Or you have some twisted agenda regarding the magic community. Dont know, Dont really care.
well all I can say is, He did what he was said to do, give feedback whether I like it or not.. I take his feedback as his opinion rather than I should do professionally, while I appreciate all comments including Steerpike's, before he criticizes, it would be cool to see a video of his own.

There was a video of him posted earlier in this thread. Not to ass kiss, but you can tell from his posts that he oozes of experience- and you dont need that video to show it.

Sometimes i dont understand why you bother steer- I dont.

I appriciate that he spent time analysing my video. I'm not trying to challenge him in anyway. There is room for improvement ofcourse.

Stop taking the wrong impression that I am not greatful for the advise, I was just joking when I was saying them things before.

Sep 1, 2007
I was just joking when I was saying them things before.

Jokes generally have these things called punchlines, and unless I was meant to be it...

My reaction comes from the fact that an all-too-common response to criticism is, "I don't see you doing any better." I once tried to give a writer advice and they demanded to see my work before they'd accept my criticism. I showed them my screenplays, and they immediately said that didn't count, as if a screenwriter knows nothing about prose. They also badmouthed my writing without actually criticizing in an attempt to prove they were too good for my advice.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results