The Classic Pass?

It starts in deep mechanics grip. I have my wedge break between the packets I am to transpose. As my other hand approaches from above

CL
So you have both hands covering the deck from above? I'm confused :confused: ( I'm assuming you mean the Vernon wedge break? :confused: )

Reading your post, assuming your working from the traditional break, its the basis of Dr.Elliot pass, with many important details not mentioned. Check it :)

Cheers,

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
No, allow me to elaborate.

The deck is (for instance) in a right hand mechanics grip. The LEFT hand approaches from above, and the pass is executed under that cover. The Left hand then picks it up into a biddle grip. This is all in one motion, and should look like the left hand merely moves over, and lifts the deck from the right hand, with no hesitation.

Hope this clears everything up. I'll sure check out that reference, thanks. As it stands, it's not a great diversion from the classic, what with the cover hand and whatnot, the only mild deviation is the fact that I motivate the cover hand by assuming I am transferring the deck from one hand to another, but again, that's assuming that I have a reason. Perhaps I take the deck from right hand to left hand so that I can pocket a sharpie, or grab a lighter from my pocket...

CL

Dec 29, 2008
Singapore
I'll break down my pass.

It starts in deep mechanics grip. I have my wedge break between the packets I am to transpose. As my other hand approaches from above, and subsequently covers the deck for a second, my fingers begin the passing action, shifting the top packet.
Now, as my other hand (cover hand) comes into contact with the deck (the packets are still at this point co-alescing), it takes the deck in a biddle grip and the first hand (the hand that shifted the packet) squares up. I wil lthen proceed.

I hope this makes sense. As far as I can tell, it is an unusual handling of the classic, but it's served me well for a long time.

CL

Oh my. The timing is indeed unusual. I experimented with it and surprisingly I think it has a lot of potential, since it starts earlier and by the time the spectators focus on the hands the sleight has been done.

Thanks so much for the breakdown, CL. =) I appreciate it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results