The Game by Jay Crowe

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
It is too good to be true.

It's not impromptu, and when they say you can do it to anyone, anytime, that's misleading.

Personally, I'd leave it. I regretted buying it - it's nothing I'm ever going to use.

-Sam H

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
I disagree. The Game is a VERY powerful concept. You can reveal an awful lot about pretty much anyone.

You could even use this concept to lead into a hot reading and reveal even more.

The only downside is that it's really built for US residents, however, once you understand the concept, it can be applied elsewhere with a bit of effort.

It does involve a little set up, but Jay goes over some ideas on doing this at a moment's notice. I personally and many professional mentalists I know have been using this or similar concepts to great success. If you're being booked for a gig, there's no reason why you couldn't employ this technique when you're there, it's not something you could just walk up to someone in the street and perform though in my opinion.

D.

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
It does involve a little set up, but Jay goes over some ideas on doing this at a moment's notice. I personally and many professional mentalists I know have been using this or similar concepts to great success. If you're being booked for a gig, there's no reason why you couldn't employ this technique when you're there, it's not something you could just walk up to someone in the street and perform though in my opinion.

D.

Ah yes, I do agree it is a powerful concept, but I bought it believing it could be done pretty much any time with minimal setup, just to someone on the street.

I was hugely disappointed when I found it could only really effectively be used in the USA, and the method behind it. It sounded too much of a fuss, the same kind of effects could be achieved with other simpler methods.

However, if you are using this for a pre-booked performance, at a gig for example, then yeah - it'd be perfect. I just think the way the effect was advertised as so spontaneous was wrong.

-Sam H

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
The only thing I disagree with in the ad copy is "spectator is a total stranger and you don't even know anything about him before the mind reading starts." really, the rest is all true.

I can understand how you could be disappointed, but to give such clean looking mind reading could not be achieved by simpler methodology :p

Also, it makes you feel really cool and ninja when you're doing the 'set-up'

I live in the UK too, there are similar means to do what you need to over here. Shoot me a PM and we can discuss.

D.

Sep 6, 2008
norway
The only thing I disagree with in the ad copy is "spectator is a total stranger and you don't even know anything about him before the mind reading starts." really, the rest is all true.

I can understand how you could be disappointed, but to give such clean looking mind reading could not be achieved by simpler methodology :p

Also, it makes you feel really cool and ninja when you're doing the 'set-up'

I live in the UK too, there are similar means to do what you need to over here. Shoot me a PM and we can discuss.

D.

Is it hard to do?

Deechristopher

theory11 moderator
It's not really hard to do - It does involve effort though. This isn't something that you can do if someone says "Hey, show me a trick!" as it does involve doing some work before you go out and perform.

As I mentioned above, this can be very VERY strong, but in the right instance, i.e. as a something special for the person who booked you as you're doing the event or whatever.

D.

Jun 10, 2008
Newcastle upon Tyne
Dee has hit the nail on the head- When Jay sent me the game I immediately thought 'Maybe not'. Jay is a friend though so I gave it some consideration and, after some sucess, I realised just how powerful this idea could be Given the right circumstances.

I will say one thing on it-If you're ever booked for a live TV spot or radio show- Utilise the game. Seriously!

CL

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results