The S.P presentation method

Jan 15, 2008
in the royal court
OK this is a way to do "street magic", or magic anywhere public to strangers:

the S.P method (the school project method), it just takes burdain of off your back, making the ambient not too serious.

walk up to a laymena and say, "hello, im doing a school project, and i wanted to know if you could help me, it has to do with peoples believes and reflexes" (it is a akward mix of terms but it works)..
most of the time they will say yes, glad to help they will be.

sorry older dudes, this doesnt quite work for y'all, i think..

"ok im gonna try something with playing cards, and i will have to study your reactions for a survey at my school," then perform some tricks, and later on the idea of it being a school project will fade, and you will start becoming a magician.

the point is that if u go and say im a magician, and u mess up.. WOW ur in a rep. trouble... but if u follow the S.P. method its not so serious..

then when u get to a strong ending like stigmata, end it "show climax" (brian tudor) and just say thankyou for your help and leave...

it is kinda complicated to explain but i hope u guys get it, and for those who have some trouble performing to strangers to use this, help them get better and more confident...

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Why not do some flourishes? People will come up to you and say "That's pretty cool. Can you do any tricks?" which at that point you casually say, "Yeah, I'll give it a go" and then you do a crazy trick and blow their minds!!! Muahahahaa!!!

:D

Oct 6, 2007
Well it is good for beginners and those just starting to to perform, but in the long run it will surely not work.

It undermines and takes away from the magical asspect of your performance. It becomes an 'experiment' or a 'test' and not a REAL magic experience, which is ultimately, what you want your spectators to feel.

It makes magic become intellecutal and a puzzle rather than an emotional experience. (Bringing up the SCHOOL subject, also will have the connotations of puzzles and learning rather than emotional experiences).

Think about it.

Try boost your confidence and just approach with the cards in your hands and 'hey, can I show you something' while you push your cards forward.

Jan 27, 2008
I usually don't walk up to random people (in school) and just perform like that. I wouldn't doing that using your "S.P." method, either.

First, I socialize. Kind-a sort-a get to know the person. Once he's okay with me, I'll say something like, "Hey, wanna see something WEIRD?"

That usually works for me.

..:Z:..

Jan 15, 2008
in the royal court
ok this method is not really mine, as i have heard it has been talked about before.
this is not intended in school, its more like to do street magic but a beginners (like myself) way to start performing for strangers on the streets..

and your method is cool, im gonna try that somtime

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results