The so called orbinase change

Okay guys so first off, this is not meant to be an argument or a flame session but rather a place were I myself, and hopefully some other people can come to a logical conclusion.

First off the orbinase change:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wykMtZmsvQc

Came across it a while back, and then I posted a video of a change I had created independently, with no knowledge of Chris Brown's move, or any other similar change.

This is my color change, whichpeople are saying is the same as the orbinase change:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0OQ0xrbVoI

Im unsure of the way chris accomplsihes his change, but the fact that my hand CAN NOT leave the deck prior to the change leads me to believe the two techiniques are different.

Either way, both of are moves bear a striking resemblance to a move I saw Roger Curzon do, but do not know the name of.

You can view Roger's move at 1:15 in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-gttABnk1A

DISCUSS!!

Jan 1, 2009
Poway, CA
Magicians need to learn what people in the music community are starting to learn. There are only so may cords and notes in music, any progression you create you can't own. You can take credit for the lyrics or the way you present the cords, but you can't own them. Odds are someone else has already created something similar or the same; you can't accuse them of stealing your idea even if your's was created first.

The same is with magic, you can't really own the moves, because odds are some one else has "made them up" as well. What you can own is how you present it, how you make it unique to you. I mean when you buy a magic DVD and learn the effect someone else has created do you not have the tendency to change somethings or alter its presentation or am I the only one?

Sep 2, 2007
London
The move that Roger Curzon does is Erdnase's "Sixth Method for the Two Hand Transformation", or "Transformations, Two Hands, Sixth Method", or however you want to notate it. Chris Brown clearly states that his technique derives from an Erdnase technique, which I imagine was this one. It's just my opinion, but the Octo Change doesn't seem to share this lineage. However, I don't know the method, so maybe it does bear some similarity.

Dan, probably the easiest way to settle it would be for you to have a look at the method for Erdnase's change and see if you think if it resemble's your technique.

bentley

Elite Member
Nov 23, 2007
They both look great and I agree about this and music. Nothing is new under the sun. BTW where can I learn Roger Curzon's material. Preferably the move after 1:15 where he shows the bottom card and it changes when he grabs it.

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Oh for goodness sakes, do some research. It took me under a minute to find 5 different publications involving Roger's work - some as a compilation of his work, and other situations where he contributed pieces to magazines.

Oh for goodness sakes, do some research. It took me under a minute to find 5 different publications involving Roger's work - some as a compilation of his work, and other situations where he contributed pieces to magazines.

I agree with this. You're never going to get anywhere if you just expect to have everything handed to you on a silver platter. How hard is it to type somebody's name into Google and research the available material yourselves? COME ON PEOPLE!! PUT THE EFFORT IN AND YOU"LL BE REWARDED!!!

Rev

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results