The Time Machine - With A Twist

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
Hi guys,

A few weeks ago I came up with a nice variation of the simple trick The Time Machine. This was a couple of days after the release of the Clipshift, so I decided to include it. Yeah, I know the Clipshift itself in the video is a little sketchy, but do remember this was filmed about a week after I learnt it.

As far as I know, this trick is original. (The variation of it, anyway :p)

Credits go to Steve Freeman and Chad Nelson.

Thanks for your time.

The Time Machine ++

-Sam H

Apr 28, 2008
I didn't like it that much to be honest. The kicker ending made no sense.

In an inversion routine after the card has turned face up and face down it makes sense to then have the whole deck turn face up or down as a kicker.

In a Colour changing routine where a card changes from red to blue, then 3 cards all change at once it makes sense to have a colour changing deck as a kicker.

I don't really see the point of throwing on a random unnrelated ending.

The performance was fine, your card handling looked very smooth but the ending just didn't work for me.

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
I didn't like it that much to be honest. The kicker ending made no sense.

In an inversion routine after the card has turned face up and face down it makes sense to then have the whole deck turn face up or down as a kicker.

In a Colour changing routine where a card changes from red to blue, then 3 cards all change at once it makes sense to have a colour changing deck as a kicker.

I don't really see the point of throwing on a random unnrelated ending.

The performance was fine, your card handling looked very smooth but the ending just didn't work for me.

That's a fair point. This is really the first routine I've come up with to be honest, it was more of just an experiment.

But I'll take your advice on board for future ideas. :)

Thanks for the tip.

-Sam H

Dec 10, 2007
Texas
The song choice was too dramatic, and didn't fit. Plus. It was already used. Wasn't original.

I didn't notice any difference, but that's because I don't watch the Time Machine 30 million times.

-Eugene

Nov 30, 2007
Midlands, England
The song choice was too dramatic, and didn't fit. Plus. It was already used. Wasn't original.

Fair enough. But I didn't use the song because Andrei used it - I felt it had a good enough feel to it to be applied over a magic related video. It didn't make a difference to me at all that it had been used before, a song's a song to me.

But thanks for the comment :)

-Sam H

Sep 3, 2007
Ok. I personally don't like the extremely flashy handling and I think the trick looks better when you do it slower with a little bit of patter. But if that's your style, it was fine.

Also about the kicker ending: if you're pattering about traveling back in time, you could say that you're gonna take them back even further. Before the cards were even printed, and change it to a blank deck?

Sep 1, 2007
It was performed perfectly, if you left out the color changing deck you'd have an awesome trick, even though it wouldn't be original you've mastered it.

Sep 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Fair enough. But I didn't use the song because Andrei used it - I felt it had a good enough feel to it to be applied over a magic related video. It didn't make a difference to me at all that it had been used before, a song's a song to me.

But thanks for the comment :)

-Sam H

Instead of worrying about which kind of music you added into your magic video... why not just add in patter? Would make more sense.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results