The Trilogy part II or CC2

May 31, 2008
I haven't bought any multi-sleight/trick DVDs in a while and I want to get one. I'm deciding between "Crash Course 2, the Ambitous Card," and "Dan and Dave's the Trilogy, part II, flourishes."

Here's my situation.

I've been doing the ACR for a while, but I've never learned it from anywhere. I've heard that Brad goes over a lot of subtleties in it, which is what I'm looking for.

I've never done any flourishing beyond one-hand cuts and fans. I'm not sure if the trilogy would be a good place to start or not. I've already checked out the "Card Manipulation 101 Vol I" and I'll probably download it since it's only $4.

I will be getting two decks of Centuions, so if I order the Trilogy I will save on shipping :)

I appreciate all advice.

If anyone thinks there's a better DVD or book to start with for flourishing please tell me. Also I perfer to learn from DVDs, but it's not a necessity.

I have been in magic for a little less than four years.

Note that I will only be getting one of these right now.

Feb 1, 2009
Manchester, UK.
For cuts I'd say Motion is a bit easier than Trilogy. But it totally depends on what you're looking for between those 2 you've named, do you want to enhance your current ACR now or do you want to learn cuts now?

May 31, 2008
For cuts I'd say Motion is a bit easier than Trilogy. But it totally depends on what you're looking for between those 2 you've named, do you want to enhance your current ACR now or do you want to learn cuts now?

A little bit of both really. I'm starting to lean towards the Trilogy. How much easier is motion?

Jun 10, 2008
You little stalker!
If you wanna start flourishing the Trilogy and Motion are probably the worst possible places.

I strongly recommend Xtreme Beginners by De'vo. It teaches you all the basics like cuts, fans, springs etc.

May 31, 2008
If you wanna start flourishing the Trilogy and Motion are probably the worst possible places.

I strongly recommend Xtreme Beginners by De'vo. It teaches you all the basics like cuts, fans, springs etc.

That looks pretty good, it almost looks like too much material! (slightly kidding, slightly not.) I've thought about that before, but it always seemed too hard for me, even though it's called Xteme Beginners. I'm mostly interested in cuts.

Sep 1, 2007
I've been doing the ACR for a while, but I've never learned it from anywhere. I've heard that Brad goes over a lot of subtleties in it, which is what I'm looking for.

Absolutely. Most of the moves taught in that DVD are still standard in many working magicians' ACRs. It's proof that a good presentation with uncomplicated mechanics goes a lot further than the latest and greatest with no personality.

May 8, 2008
England
I'd check out some flourishes on youtube before you make the decision, I'm into cuts, I'd recomend some of Kevin Ho's tutorials and Alan Hagen's rotation cut. and the pivot cut if you don't know it already... I think I mean pivot... or swivel.

But basically see how you get on, then try to make an informed decision from there. The Trilogy isn't easy but there are some great moves on there that won't take to long. Motion is very different - more material and of a wider range too. Difficulty varies and it's a very different style.

:)

Crash Course 2 is a great dvd. Most of the moves in my acr routine are from that dvd. Also Jay Sankey has a dvd called extremely ambitious. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rb9VRBYl4vA

As for flourishing I recommend xtreme beginnerz. It may seem like alot of material but it's basically all the basics to xcm. It's like the double lift, double undercut of xcm. I also highly recommend the encyclopedia of playing card flourishes. Get that after you get Xb since the moves in it vary from beginner to advance. If your really interested in learning 2 hand cuts then get the trilogy or motion.

May 31, 2008
As for flourishing I recommend xtreme beginnerz. It may seem like alot of material but it's basically all the basics to xcm. It's like the double lift, double undercut of xcm. I also highly recommend the encyclopedia of playing card flourishes. Get that after you get Xb since the moves in it vary from beginner to advance. If your really interested in learning 2 hand cuts then get the trilogy or motion.

Yes, I'm more interested in cuts and maybe a few shuffles. Also Xtreme Beginners is about $10 out of my price range unless I skip the Centurions which I'm not going to do.

Feb 17, 2009
New Jersey
I would agree with what they say i myself just learned several flourishes and cuts. I had figured that i since i learned those easy i could just get motion and trilogy to learn a little more intermediate flourishes but it proved to be a little more harder and longer to learn then expected. I was only able to get 2 down in Motion and 3 in Trilogy so i back tracked and got de'vo's dvd and it really does help perpare you for the other two. i would recommend getting xtreme beginners first and then by the other two. If you want an easy example of a easy flourish purchase joe paschall's Static.

May 8, 2008
England
If you are new to flourishing seriously check out decknique or just youtube there are a lot of good tutorials for interesting flourishes out there. I never got extreme begininers, just learnt a few cuts then got motion, worked fine, imo. But then again I'm not much for one handed cuts, fans and things.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results