the.wire coming along

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Rest assured that our pipeline is running full steam ahead. It's only been about two weeks since the last 1-on-1's were put up; we're finishing up some of Aaron Fisher's 1-on-1 videos as we speak; look for those soon. Also just completed editing and soundtrack of Witness-- looks incredible.

The whole t11 crew is headed to Vegas on tomorrow to film some amazing stuff (not just 1-on-1's) with CK, Dan and Dave, and a lot more that I'll stop short of mentioning until it's filmed. In addition, it's CK's birthday this coming week, and we had to be there to make sure the Chippendale's entertainers arrived at his house on time. Just kidding. Or... am... I? Okay, I am.

Lots to come this week. I've been working all this past week side by side with the Director of R&D at U.S. Playing Card. We've tested more than SEVENTEEN decks in the past 7 days. Most of which were handled by our entire team in a blind test (they were only identifiable by a number code)-- Dan and Dave and Wayne have been testing all week for durability, longevity, and performance. It's a difficult process as sometimes decks that feel great out of the box don't feel so great 3 days later, and sometimes decks that feel great in California (25% humidity) don't feel so great here in South Carolina (99% humidity). Yes, 99% humidity. One more degree up and I would be writing this post underwater. I'm not a scientist, but I'm pretty sure that's for real and the air could turn to water at any moment like in The Day After Tomorrow. I digress. Lots of testing. And I think we decided on something great. Even the aesthetic of the deck will be much improved.

The final selection was unanimous among the team; more details to come soon. See attached for a pic of all of the test decks we've gone through this week. Notice each one has a different code on them. The codes represent different finishes, coatings, paper stock, and embossing ridge levels, all factors that determine how good a deck looks and feels.

Attachments

• DSC_0038x.jpg
    DSC_0038x.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 277
Awesome J , thanks for the update ... I would like to make a suggestion while you are here... How about a black backed regular deck , at a regular price.. I think this concept has not been utilized as a common deck ... I would use them as my primary deck ... Just my opinion...

Sep 1, 2007
Rest assured that our pipeline is running full steam ahead. It's only been about two weeks since the last 1-on-1's were put up; we're finishing up some of Aaron Fisher's 1-on-1 videos as we speak; look for those soon. Also just completed editing and soundtrack of Witness-- looks incredible.

The whole t11 crew is headed to Vegas on tomorrow to film some amazing stuff (not just 1-on-1's) with CK, Dan and Dave, and a lot more that I'll stop short of mentioning until it's filmed. In addition, it's CK's birthday this coming week, and we had to be there to make sure the Chippendale's entertainers arrived at his house on time. Just kidding. Or... am... I? Okay, I am.

Lots to come this week. I've been working all this past week side by side with the Director of R&D at U.S. Playing Card. We've tested more than SEVENTEEN decks in the past 7 days. Most of which were handled by our entire team in a blind test (they were only identifiable by a number code)-- Dan and Dave and Wayne have been testing all week for durability, longevity, and performance. It's a difficult process as sometimes decks that feel great out of the box don't feel so great 3 days later, and sometimes decks that feel great in California (25% humidity) don't feel so great here in South Carolina (99% humidity). Yes, 99% humidity. One more degree up and I would be writing this post underwater. I'm not a scientist, but I'm pretty sure that's for real and the air could turn to water at any moment like in The Day After Tomorrow. I digress. Lots of testing. And I think we decided on something great. Even the aesthetic of the deck will be much improved.

The final selection was unanimous among the team; more details to come soon. See attached for a pic of all of the test decks we've gone through this week. Notice each one has a different code on them. The codes represent different finishes, coatings, paper stock, and embossing ridge levels, all factors that determine how good a deck looks and feels.

Maybe I'm off my hinges (first one to guess what movie that was from gets a cookie)

It looks like you are making black border bee cards. If you do, I will love you forever. And I will make you sign it, just a little warning to you.

Sep 1, 2007
Jamestown, NC
www.google.com
Sounds like you guys have been busy. I'm very proud to back a company like Theory11. From the looks of that clip that you posted you guys have gotten a good idea of what you expect from top quality cards, and I can't wait to test these bad boys out for myself.

I'm located in the Northen couterpart of the Carolina's so believe me, I know exactly what you mean when talk about the humidity. Hopefully winter will be good to us, eh guys?

I can't wait for some new 1-on-1's and I think that the ones that are out now are top notch.

Keep up the good work guys. Ya'll rock.

Shane K.

PS...I literally just thought about this. You said that you have been currently testing 17 different types of finishes and whatnot. But, when you announced that you all listened to us about making a better 2nd edition version of the Guardians you noted that they were being printed as we speak. If that's right...then what kind of cards are going to have the new finish out of the 17?

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
Maybe I'm off my hinges (first one to guess what movie that was from gets a cookie)

It looks like you are making black border bee cards. If you do, I will love you forever. And I will make you sign it, just a little warning to you.

Home Alone? In the Movie in Home Alone? (Maybe I'm off my hinges, but I believe you. That's why I'm gonna give you till the count of 3 to get you lying cheating no good ........." "123" BANG BANG BANG. LOL.

Also can't wait for the deck to come out.

Sep 1, 2007
Home Alone? In the Movie in Home Alone? (Maybe I'm off my hinges, but I believe you. That's why I'm gonna give you till the count of 3 to get you lying cheating no good ........." "123" BANG BANG BANG. LOL.

Also can't wait for the deck to come out.

Yes! you get a cookie!

Sep 2, 2007
Awesome J , thanks for the update ... I would like to make a suggestion while you are here... How about a black backed regular deck , at a regular price.. I think this concept has not been utilized as a common deck ... I would use them as my primary deck ... Just my opinion...

They do. I have one. I'm never openeing it because I only have one, and it;s in my collection, but I have one. You can buy them at www.morrisseymagi.com but I got mine at canadian Tire. it was: One red, one bluie, and one black deck for 7.99 + tax! :D

Second of all: These tests are NOT for the guardians. They are for another deck. I've been told that T11 is working on a new deck. I said 'so it's like black and white? The guardians and something the opposite?' (Not those exact words) they said 'Lets just say that they are part of a set. I can't say anything more'

Aug 31, 2007
Melbourne, Australia

correct me if i am wrong but i think these are just the boxes they came in they are testing the guardians but a black bee deck would be awesome

Sounds like you guys have been busy. I'm very proud to back a company like Theory11. From the looks of that clip that you posted you guys have gotten a good idea of what you expect from top quality cards, and I can't wait to test these bad boys out for myself.

I'm located in the Northen couterpart of the Carolina's so believe me, I know exactly what you mean when talk about the humidity. Hopefully winter will be good to us, eh guys?

I can't wait for some new 1-on-1's and I think that the ones that are out now are top notch.

Keep up the good work guys. Ya'll rock.

Shane K.

PS...I literally just thought about this. You said that you have been currently testing 17 different types of finishes and whatnot. But, when you announced that you all listened to us about making a better 2nd edition version of the Guardians you noted that they were being printed as we speak. If that's right...then what kind of cards are going to have the new finish out of the 17?

maybe these cards are for the 3rd batch of guardians

thx JB keep up the good job when are we gunna be seeing these 1on1 with aaron fisher and the preveiw for witness?

Sep 8, 2007
Adelaide, Australia
Actually, there are two common ways of measuring humidity, relative humidity and absolute humidity. I believe that the way most countries measure gives a percentage of how much water is in the air, compared to the total amount that the air can hold at a given temperature. This is called relative humidity. So 100% humidity is completely saturated air. Any more and the water would fall out of the air.

Sep 1, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Actually, there are two common ways of measuring humidity, relative humidity and absolute humidity. I believe that the way most countries measure gives a percentage of how much water is in the air, compared to the total amount that the air can hold at a given temperature. This is called relative humidity. So 100% humidity is completely saturated air. Any more and the water would fall out of the air.

ladies and gentlemen, we have found our resident member of the geek squad! not that the geek squad is bad. i actually respect them...very much. i like their commercials?
//David.Misner::

Sep 8, 2007
Adelaide, Australia
Thanks David, however I prefer to remain a member of the useless facts squad rather than be the resident geek. I also am a member of PUNdemonium, or the Dad Joke Society. On sporting tours this one is great as you have a captive audience in the tour bus for hours on end for the whole month :) They love me for it......

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results