theory11 Bicycle Rider Back

Are the standard, Bicycle Rider Back cards sold by theory11 in the "Cards" section the original series shown in the photos of the product page or the new editions sold everywhere now to replace the ones I'm referring to?

Grazie.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Are the standard, Bicycle Rider Back cards sold by theory11 in the "Cards" section the original series shown in the photos of the product page or the new editions sold everywhere now to replace the ones I'm referring to?

Grazie.

The ones we sell are the new Standard Editions now sold in stores. You get Bicycles here cheaper than what you pay for at the store. A standard pack at a Walmart is 3 bucks. Here, you get them for $1.89 a deck (when buying a brick). Way better bargain than buying them from your local store.

Dec 26, 2009
I just added 12 decks of blue Bikes to my cart here in the Theory11 shop and found out that the cheapest you can get a brick of Bikes through Theory11 is $22.68 without shipping (if you don't believe me check it out yourself). If you add shipping to the $22.68 then it will be another $11.95 just for shipping. Which means, to buy a brick of regular old Bikes from Theory11 and have them shipped to your house and wait 4-7 business days, it will cost you $34.63 ($2.88 a deck). Where you could just get 6 2-packs from Wal-Mart and it would come up to somewhere around $13.00 (you won't have to wait a week for them either).

BTW buying a single deck of Bikes from Wal-Mart is $2.18 (still cheaper than paying for shipping).

Dec 26, 2009
You can always add a few more bikes to get discounted shipping.

Adding more Bikes to the order only makes the shipping more expensive. The base price of a brick of Bikes from Theory11 is still almost double the price of buying 6 2-packs of Bikes from Wal-Mart. No matter how many bricks of normal Bikes you order from Theory11, Wal-Mart will still be a much cheaper option. Theory11 is a site (when it comes to playing cards) that one should only buy custom/specialty cards. Price-wise it's just stupid to buy Bikes from Theory11.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Adding more Bikes to the order only makes the shipping more expensive. The base price of a brick of Bikes from Theory11 is still almost double the price of buying 6 2-packs of Bikes from Wal-Mart. No matter how many bricks of normal Bikes you order from Theory11, Wal-Mart will still be a much cheaper option. Theory11 is a site (when it comes to playing cards) that one should only buy custom/specialty cards. Price-wise it's just stupid to buy Bikes from Theory11.

Walmart will rarely be a cheaper option when buying in bulk. Walmart never has bricks of Bicycles hung up on the rack; most of the time it is just 8-10 decks, and there is also tax when it comes to Walmart sales. When buying Bicycles in bulk here at theory11, you're saving money, period.

Over the holidays last year, we started a promotion that cuts down shipping dramatically if you order over a certain amount. Once your order subtotal surpasses $75.00, the discounted shipping rates kick into effect. Add some stuff to your cart and you can see it happen. It will change from "Standard Shipping" to "Standard Shipping (Discounted)." The shipping is actually less for me when purchasing 24 decks than it is for 12. It's a crazy good deal.

The 2 Pack deals you see for $1.89 aren't being sold everywhere; they're only for a limited time as a seasonal promotion. In the long run, to save you money, theory11 is where to go to buy Bicycles in bulk (if you don't live near or are not a member of Costco).

Dec 26, 2009
Casey there is absolutely NO WAY you are going to save money buying bulk from Theory11 instead of Wal-Mart when it comes to buying Bikes. Do the math. 2 decks at $2.00 + $0.07/per dollar sales tax (Wal-Mart) compared to 1 deck at $1.89 + shipping charges (Theory11). Theory11 will never beat Wal-Mart when it come to buying Bikes bulk.

Ultimate scenario:

Theory11 will only let me add 355 bricks of bikes to my cart, so . . .

355 bricks of Bikes from Theory11 = $8051.40 plus $765.00 shipping

355 bricks of Bikes from Wal-Mart (@ one 2-pack bikes for $2.00 each) 355 bricks times 12 decks per brick = 4,260 decks divided by 2 (for the 2-pack) = 2,130. 2,130 2-packs times $2.00 = $4,260

On to the taxes. $4,260 times .07 = $298.20.

-------------------------------------------------

Theory11 grand total for 355 bricks of Bikes = $8,816.40

Wal-Mart grand total for 355 bricks of Bikes = $4,558.20

For $300 more dollars you could get double the amount of Bikes from Wal-Mart compared to Theory11.

Casey I understand you sticking up for Theory11 but you have to admit when you have lost.

BTW all the Wal-Marts near me have been selling standard Bike 2-packs for the past 3 years. So I don't think "seasonal" is the right term to use.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Be realistic. No one ever buys 355 bricks of cards. Add 4 bricks of Bicycles here at theory11 (for bulk buying to pass $75 threshold).

Total for theory11 is $107.54 (with automatic discounted shipping)

Total for Walmart at $2.99 a deck (4 bricks) is $153.57 after taxes.

I think you can see who wins here. Theory11 is still and always will be the better bargain when buying in bulk. :)

Dec 26, 2009
Be realistic. No one ever buys 355 bricks of cards. Add 4 bricks of Bicycles here at theory11 (for bulk buying to pass $75 threshold).

Total for theory11 is $107.54 (with automatic discounted shipping)

Total for Walmart at $2.99 a deck (4 bricks) is $153.57 after taxes.

I think you can see who wins here. Theory11 is still and always will be the better bargain when buying in bulk. :)

Casey seriously. First of all I used the 355 bricks because you said Theory11 was the place to go for bulk ordering. I was using the biggest bulk amount I could.

Wal-Mart Bikes are NOT $3 a deck. Every Wal-Mart I have ever been to sells 2-packs of Standard Bikes at the registers for $2.00 and a single deck is $2.18.

So using actual prices,

Theory11 - 4 bricks of Bikes including shipping = $100.72

Wal-Mart - 24 2-packs of Bikes (4 bricks) including tax = $51.36

Face it Casey Theory11 doesn't always win.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Casey seriously. First of all I used the 355 bricks because you said Theory11 was the place to go for bulk ordering. I was using the biggest bulk amount I could.

Wal-Mart Bikes are NOT $3 a deck. Every Wal-Mart I have ever been to sells 2-packs of Standard Bikes at the registers for $2.00 and a single deck is $2.18.

So using actual prices,

Theory11 - 4 bricks of Bikes including shipping = $100.72

Wal-Mart - 24 2-packs of Bikes (4 bricks) including tax = $51.36

Face it Casey Theory11 doesn't always win.

USPCC doesn't do the 2 pack deals forever; they will soon stop offering them to the masses like I stated earlier. The price varies around the country of the United States. Here in Charleston, at Walmart, they are $2.99 a deck. Walgreens has them at an outrageous price of $3.99 a deck, $4.99 in NYC! Plus, if you are international, you most likely won't find Bicycles at your typical store or grocery. It may be easier for YOU to stock up on the 2 Pack deals, but for most people in the USA, they won't find that deal or it will run out quick. Heck, I can't even find 2 pack deals anywhere around here. You'd think Charleston, with many Walmarts, would stock up on them...they don't. The best bet it to buy them at theory11 if you don't have a Costco nearby or are not a member of Costco. Period.

Sep 27, 2010
It wins for me, as down here we have neither Wal-Marts nor Bikes. T11 is the only place I can get rider backs at all. Up with T11, I say.

Dec 26, 2009
USPCC doesn't do the 2 pack deals forever; they will soon stop offering them to the masses like I stated earlier. The price varies around the country of the United States. Here in Charleston, at Walmart, they are $2.99 a deck. Walgreens has them at an outrageous price of $3.99 a deck, $4.99 in NYC! Plus, if you are international, you most likely won't find Bicycles at your typical store or grocery. It may be easier for YOU to stock up on the 2 Pack deals, but for most people in the USA, they won't find that deal or it will run out quick. Heck, I can't even find 2 pack deals anywhere around here. You'd think Charleston, with many Walmarts, would stock up on them...they don't. The best bet it to buy them at theory11 if you don't have a Costco nearby or are not a member of Costco. Period.

Casey, did you get a job with USPCC too? I wasn't talking down to Theory11. I just know for a fact that there are better options than Theory11, on the internet as well. One brick from Penguin Magic is $1.63 cheaper than Theory11's price.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Casey, did you get a job with USPCC too? I wasn't talking down to Theory11. I just know for a fact that there are better options than Theory11, on the internet as well. One brick from Penguin Magic is $1.63 cheaper than Theory11's price.

Just giving you all the information I know. JB works very closely with USPCC, so we would know what would be going on in terms of limited edition sales and promotions for the company. :)

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
Casey with all due respect you are wrong and it's great that you work with Theory 11 and all, however blantly attacking other members views does not fit with T11's ethos. Whilst T11's pricing is very competative it is no means the cheapest out there and what is more absurd is that you claim it to be for every circumstance.

I live in Australia and to this point in time theory 11 does not offer the flat mail bag or any alternatives for shipping here. In actuallity there is no ammount of cards that I can purchase from t11 that works out cheaper for someone in Australia than alternative places. Now that you are related to with theory 11 if I were you I would be very careful with the claims you are making as they could very easily damage the image and/or the reputation of the brand. Especially in the eyes if whom JB holds the upmost respect for this community.

byronblaq

Elite Member
Jul 22, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
I think both of you have good arguments. As D ICE R I am also Australian .... and i would have to disagree with you on the fact that i believe if just ordering bikes ... With shipping to Australia ... it works out much cheaper than
1. Any place in Australia that sells them
2. Any place that i can find with GOOD shipping rates
and then there is the convenience of them have a pretty good selection of other stuff to.

On the other hand shindrichs has a fair argument for the US market , However Casey did mention that those prices may be the case in your area and not all of the US.
I also don't believe that this is affecting T11' Image. Casey has clearly pointed out that in his area and I'm sure many other places in the us T11 IS more cost affective than say walmart ...But that COSTCO can be cheaper!

I think your both right !

All i know is that Here ...Where i live ... I'd much rather buy from Theory11 than spend $10Aus on a bike deck here
plus shipping if I'm not near a magic shop.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
There are a few websites I get my cards from that is much cheaper than theory 11.

Casey also stated that other than costco there is no better place than theory 11 to get bikes. That is definatly not the case as there are many other websites that offer much better pricing.

The fact that Casey stated that theory 11 was hands down the most cost effective place to purchase bikes is completely false. Whilst I know Casey does not work with the pricing or the advertising within theory 11. If he did he would know that the statements were unethical as it was supplying misleading information.

RickEverhart

forum moderator / t11
Elite Member
Sep 14, 2008
Louisville, OH
I am going to have to agree with both people here as well. It all depends where you live. In Ohio at SAM's club I can buy a brick of Bikes for $14.00...done...out the door.

At my local walmart they run the two pack specials about 3 - 5 times a year and you have to be there within a day of the special or they are all gone and you don't see them again for a few months.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results