theory11 + Linking Ring :: Submit Questions

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
theory11 is working with Linking Ring columnist Cliff Bumgardner to create the magazine's first ever interactive article. In Cliff's column, "The Sit Down", he interviews some of magic's top pros to ask for advice and insight for today's young and up-and-coming magicians. But this time, he's not asking the questions. You are.

For his next article, a Sit Down with theory11 Artist Jason England, Cliff is giving the theory11 community the opportunity to have their questions answered and printed in the January issue of The Linking Ring magazine.

You have one week from now to post your best and most thought-provoking questions that you would like Jason to answer, right here in THIS forum thread. After the week has passed, Cliff will go through all of the questions and choose the best ten to be featured in the article.

You may post as many questions as you like, but remember to keep them meaningful. Chances are "What is your favorite deck?" won't cut it.

With your question(s), please include your name, age, and location. Keep in mind that these may be used in the article, so by posting them you give printing permissions to Cliff Bumgardner and The Linking Ring.

- Casey

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
To kick this off, I'll go ahead and ask my first question for Jason.

Jason, have you ever had a situation in your life where you just wanted to stop working with cards and give them up? If so, can you explain what provoked your decision and how you came over the roadblock?

Casey Rudd
15 years old
Charleston, South Carolina

Jason, you have spent a lifetime studying gambling techniques with cards and have become one of the world's most foremost experts on the subject. Another one of these experts is Steve Forte. Can you talk a little bit about your friendship with Steve Forte and how each has influenced the other? Do you have any interesting anecdotes about the two of you?

Evan Bishop
Fort Mitchell, KY

May 15, 2010
With Gerard Way
Mr. England, at what time in your life did you realize that you wanted to do magic as a career? As a young magician I finally decided I want a career and life in magic and I feel that the revelation has impacted me in a way that I feel different now. Did you ever have an experience similar where you knew exactly what you would do and knew everything would be different?

Anna Harris
Malibu, CA

May 30, 2010
Australia
Jason, you have proven yourself to be one of the best card mechanic and incredibly knowledgeable magic historians. You have studied the course of history of the magic community and saw how it had evolved and how it had changed the lives of so many people. Do you think that Magic is on the right track towards advancements or is it on a deteriorating road to extinction or degradation to lost art?If yes, what are the factors that made you say that the art is deteriorating?If no, what can be done to further improve and push magic to advance?

Krist Anthony Almario
22 years old
Philippines

Jun 9, 2010
Hey Jason, what gives you the motivation to keep practice those sleight of hands techniques and not giving up? Cause some moves might take years to master and lots of people will just give up on it after a while. And what is your main goal to master those moves?

Isaac Lam
Brisbane, Australia

Sep 1, 2007
Belgrade, Serbia
Jason, knowing that you are also a magician, beside being a card mechanic, what are your favorite effects when you perform magic without cards, so let's say coins, ropes, rubberbands, rings etc. And what do you feel is the biggest difference between card tricks and tricks with other objects, why would you choose one over the other?

Emir Samardzic
Belgrade, Serbia

Hey, everyone.

I just wanted to drop in and say that I am so excited to be opening up the article, especially with a great interviewee like Jason, to all of you here on the board. I've already seen some good questions, so keep 'em coming!

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or ask here in the thread.

-Cliff

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
Jason, why gambling effects? What made you decide to really focus on gambling based magic instead of something else?

Rob Kingsbury
Houston, TX

Kaare Rugsted

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2009
denmark
have you always only been into card magic or have you ben into other kind of Magic?
if not why?

kaare lasse rugsted
denmark, aalborg

Dec 20, 2009
Mumbai, India
What is your opinion on magicians incorporating card flourishes into their act?

Jenai Dalal
Mumbai, India.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results