theory11 MEGA UPDATE : Battle System

Jul 23, 2007
New York, NY
So this dosen´t have a yes or no choise right? I just challenge somebody out of the bloom? I think thats a thing worth looking into. That you first make a challenge and the other one has to accept it. That will probably get rid of those who will post as small date as possible and use theyre uploaded video several times.

That's actually how it works already. The battle doesn't start until the other person accepts the challenge (they can also choose to decline it).

That is why you specify a "length" instead of a "deadline" when you create your battle. The deadline is set as "current date/time + battle length" once the other person accepts the battle. The challenger can also choose to cancel their challenge.

Dec 10, 2007
Slovenia (Europe)
Great thing right here :).

This is just ingenious. I really can't say how much I like this.
Finally a reason to be active here a bit more :).

So yes. I'll be taking challenges on any close-up performances (Street, bar, coffee-house, farm, just any place) with AUDIENCE. Now I don't want "fake" audiences that you hire (example your friend or something).

So just any honest-to-goodness performances.

-Seb out.:eek:

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
@ Mr.MadMan:
Anything like this will be based off of PHP. Most multi-user PHP scripts rely on MySQL databases.

@ Richard:
Just a suggestion: Work on the organization of pending challenge requests and accepted challenges.

I would suggest having the "headlines" tab showcase only the accepted challenges; add a new tab labeled "pending" or something of that sort.

Jul 23, 2007
New York, NY
@ Richard:
Just a suggestion: Work on the organization of pending challenge requests and accepted challenges.

I would suggest having the "headlines" tab showcase only the accepted challenges; add a new tab labeled "pending" or something of that sort.

The Headlines tab shows several items...
- Challenges
- Accepts to challenges
- Voting begins
- Winner/Loser/Tie

It just shows you the latest updates on all battles. You can see accepted challenges in the "Upcoming" tab.

A solution might be an extra tab for "unaccepted challenges" but I didn't think it was very necessary.

bd

Jun 26, 2008
San Francisco, California
The Headlines tab shows several items...
- Challenges
- Accepts to challenges
- Voting begins
- Winner/Loser/Tie

It just shows you the latest updates on all battles. You can see accepted challenges in the "Upcoming" tab.

A solution might be an extra tab for "unaccepted challenges" but I didn't think it was very necessary.

I'm not sure you fully understand what I meant, but oh well.

It works and looks fine.

Jul 23, 2007
New York, NY
I'm not sure you fully understand what I meant, but oh well.

It works and looks fine.

I guess not, sorry... I'm sort of mad dashing around here getting ready europe.

We'll let it ride and see how the headlines hold up to the public badgering. The other thing is of course since it was just launched the headlines will be flooded with those "pending" challenges. Hopefully in time it will balance out.

This is kind of out there don't ya think? My first impression was "Battles? Are you kidding me that is so lame!"

As I read the original post, I got more and more into the idea. Now I realize I need a video camera. Badly. Because these challenges seem BASASS :p.

Great surprise Richard!

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Great feedback, guys - keep it coming. So far things look smooth. This was a monumental undertaking to complete, and RZ and I were up nonstop for the past 24 hours making it happen. Also special thanks to our moderators for pulling a late night jam session last night to test things out.

Lots of other features planned for this section already, but as always, if you have any specific feedback or suggestions, definitely let us know. Let the games begin...

Sep 1, 2007
Canada
I still dont get something. Ok so you made your video and you posted it on Youtube etc. How will the voters see your video? Will you have to leave a link to it or will you have to summit the video to the media section?

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
I still dont get something. Ok so you made your video and you posted it on Youtube etc. How will the voters see your video? Will you have to leave a link to it or will you have to summit the video to the media section?

Nope - after creating the battle, it will ask you to input the web address of your video (which can be hosted on Vimeo, YouTube, Google Video, MetaCafe). Once you input the location of your video and hit save, you're all set.

Nov 24, 2007
Hermosillo Sonora
Awesome :D! Love challenges! Btw a price would be good. Let´s say: the person that won more challenges in the month gets a 1 on 1 charged to the house or a free deck of cards in his next purchase on t11. That would be awesome!!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results